AboutWeb is currently looking for several Java Developers, ranging in experience from 5-7+ years. These developers will join an ongoing project for a client located in Washington, DC. This is a long term, contract to hire opportunity. This project is using a light-weight Java framework and a continuous integration environment, you'll join our team of developers building the next-generation of customer engagement systems for federal service agencies.
United States Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance is required.
· Work with product owners and colleagues to interpret feature requests and develop software in iterative design/build/test cycles using an Agile development process
· Regularly check code into our continuous integration pipeline based on Gradle, Git and Jenkins to incrementally build our overall system and get immediate feedback on build performance
· Develop and expand unit and integration tests which will be automatically run by the build pipeline for developer feedback using JUnit and other tools like Geb, Spock and Selenium
United States Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance is required
· Minimum of five (5) years of recent experience developing and implementing software solutions using Java
· Minimum of one (2) year of experience working in an agile environment
· Bootstrap), Spring MVC developed with STS, MongoDB and Oracle, and both RESTful and SOAP-based web services
· Experience working in a continuous integration environment with Git and build server software (Jenkins/Hudson/Bamboo) is desired
· Experience with other open-source components a plus, including Gradle, Activiti / jBPM, jQuery, MuleSoft, Geb and Spock
· Bachelor's Degree in a relevant discipline is desired