Library Systems Manager (Business Analyst III)
- Full Time
Manages Fairfax County Public Library's major online systems, including the integrated library system (ILS), Self-Checkout system, Time and Print Management and Point of Sale systems. Develops custom reports and scripts. Coordinates with DIT to determine software compliance with current standards, system requirements of library PCs and peripherals and schedules for image changes. Maintains appropriate documentation for Library systems management activity. Supervises three staff members. Manages library systems-related projects, contracts and initiatives.Illustrative Duties
- Serves as lead software system administrator for interdepartmental or County-wide automated system;
- Works closely with technical project leader to coordinate technical resources and directs functional design and implementation;
- Interacts with representatives from other agencies on system-related issues and scheduling of system priorities;
- Identifies and tests system enhancements;
- Defines and maintains system administration documentation;
- Organize and direct system user groups;
- Monitors system performance and performs ongoing analysis to determine most efficient and effective means to operate the system;
- Provides assistance to system users;
- Develops conceptual approaches to satisfy user requirements;
- Oversees user acceptance testing;
- Evaluates new technology for applicability and enhanced effectiveness;
- Develops strategic plans to ensure solutions comply with established standards;
- Evaluates and prioritizes requests for new requirements, modifications, and enhancements to existing systems;
- Establishes priorities and timetables for system-related projects;
- May supervise other employees on a recurring or project basis;
- Generates reports to meet special agency needs;
- Acts as intermediary between users and technical staff to resolve problems;
- Participates in developing user training manual;
- Provides training to users;
- Works closely with agency IT technical staff and/or serves as agency liaison with the Department of Information Technology;
- Develops and provides technical briefings for staff on new services and system components;
- Provides technical support and training to users of installed software;
- Attends training workshops, product demonstrations, conferences, technical briefings, and conventions;
- Stays abreast of technology changes;
- Provides assistance to other staff as needed;
- Serves on committees and task forces and undertakes special projects as assigned.
- Considerable knowledge of interdepartmental and/or County-wide processes, procedures, and requirements with regard to such administrative functions as personnel, finance, and budgeting;
- Considerable knowledge of the capabilities of information technology software, hardware, and network communication technology;
- Considerable knowledge of the capabilities of various computer platforms functioning in centralized, distributed, client server, and stand-alone environments;
- Considerable knowledge of effective processes, methods, techniques to analyze and evaluate business operations;
- Knowledge of effective project management methods, practices and techniques;
- Knowledge of effective supervisory methods, practices, and techniques (required for some positions);
- Ability to analyze and evaluate administrative processes and procedures for automation purposes;
- Ability to conduct research into new information technology;
- Ability to train employees in the use of hardware and software;
- Ability to prepare user manuals;
- Ability to translate technical terminology into terms understandable to management and employees;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships.
Any combination of education, experience and training equivalent to possession of a bachelor's degree in business, computer science or a field related to the department where the IT services are being used: plus four years of experience analyzing business processes and/or developing/maintaining the main business system, technical platform or a related system.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
Valid driver's license.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background and driving record check to the satisfaction of the employer.
Job is generally sedentary in nature; however visual acuity to read data on computer monitor and incumbent must be able to operate keyboard driven equipment. Must communicate with others. Employee may be required to lift up to 15 pounds. Ability to operate a motor vehicle. Ability to travel to various locations throughout Fairfax County. All duties performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Panel interview and may include exercise.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 703-222-7314. EEO/AA/TTY.