Vice President, Human Resources
6 days left
- Full Time
DCS Corporation is a rapidly growing, $230M premier professional services firm providing engineering, programmatic and technical support services to the Department of Defense and other customers focused on national security. We are an employee owned firm with a track record of continued growth for over 35 years. Our focus on the highest levels of quality has enabled this strong record of growth. We are not satisfied until our customers are, and this is a constant motivation. As employee owners, we recognize that hiring and retaining the best talent is crucial to our mission. Our executive team brings seasoned experience and proven results.
Essential Job Functions:
Plan, organize, implement and evaluate human capital programs in support of corporate objectives. Includes development, management and execution of competitive compensation, benefits, performance management, HR system workflow/analytics/reports, employee engagement, employee relations, talent acquisition, succession planning, compliance, learning & development strategies and tactics.
Moreover, the HR leader will serve as a strategic adviser to the business in the areas of coaching leadership, developing and sharing market forecast and industry trends and contributing strategic thought leadership to the execution of growth strategies.
The VP of HR will report directly to the CEO and is responsible for all HR related compliance activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Lead all aspects of the Human Resources function for the corporation:
- Advise the CEO on all human capital matters affecting the company, to include future resourcing strategies supportive of growth goals into new markets.
- Maintain current knowledge of regulations, industry trends, best practices and applicable laws regarding human resources.
- Dynamically manage information gathering and reporting to track company human capital trends, quantitatively report on these trends and compare to market benchmarks.
- Maintain and institute as necessary review processes to ensure the integrity of data input and stored in the Human Resources Management System (HRMS).
- Collaborate with the line organization to develop and implement effective and compliant recruiting and retention strategies, including those related to new business capture to support growth goals.
- Develop and manage a growth-focused total rewards program that attracts and retains employees.
- Provide leadership and consulting support to management team on matters of goal setting, policy development and strategic planning.
- Provide substantive technical advice and knowledge to support the development of subordinate members of the human resources organization.
- Develop and administer affirmative action programs; annual filings, data collection/record keeping, and preparation of plans in compliance with EEO/OFCCP regulations.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures according to federal and state laws and regulations.
- Provide leadership in resolving grievances and workplace disputes that may lead to legal issues.
- Advise and participate as appropriate in coaching and disciplining employees.
- Develop and administer human resource activities, policies and procedures for company personnel.
- Advise and support the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors as requested.
Bachelor's Degree required, preferably with a focus on Human Resources or related field, Master's preferred.
15+ years of HR experience with demonstrated competence in several HR functional areas and leading others.
Prior Director-level experience with a government services firm with annual revenues in excess of $200 million and more than 1,000 employees.
Experience designing and implementing annual and long-term incentive compensation programs.
Direct experience implementing and managing and enterprise Human Resources Management System (HRMS).
Adept at handling sensitive employee relations matters.
A confident, decisive, individual who possesses a strategic focus as well as an operational, implementation and detail oriented perspective.
An articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of the organization and possesses excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills.
Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
Desired Skills & Abilities:
Familiar with ESOP administration and compliance.
Experience with mergers and acquisitions and post-acquisition integration.
Top Secret clearance desired.