Do you want to use your data analyst skills to indirectly help conquer cancer and make a difference in the world?
Cancer strikes more than 10 million people worldwide each year. As the leading medical society representing a diverse network of more than 40,000 oncology professionals, the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is committed to conquering cancer though research, education, and promotion of the highest quality patient care.
Who we are:
ASCO is a stable, forward-thinking, growing membership organization that operates in a results-oriented work environment in which employees’ evaluation emphasizes performance outcomes over presence or time. This is an Alexandria, VA position that offers an excellent benefits package and opportunities to participate in professional development programs. To learn what it’s like to work at ASCO, click here.
Who we are looking for:
The American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Membership Analyst in our Member Services department. This person will develop member and nonmember data analysis, produce membership statistics and status reports, fulfill data requests, implement changes to the membership database, analyze data integrity reports, and recommend data integrity additions for membership revenue, recruitment and retention.
What you will do:
- Perform discovery and analysis of members and prospective members through profiling and lifetime value calculations
- Conduct analysis of membership data including ROI analysis for all recruitment and retention activities as well as gap analysis to recommend untapped member segments
- Generate, validate, and distribute membership statistics on new, renewed, lapsed, and reinstated members
- Data extraction/data mining: Extract response and customer data sets for membership analysis from a variety of internal and external data sources
- Create data integrity reports, develop and update reporting for recruitment and retention onsite at meetings, including the Annual Meeting
- Support recruitment and retention initiatives, including travel for the Annual Meeting and Member Exhibits as requested
What you will need in order to be successful:
- 3-5 years of experience in an Association, membership preferred
- Experience working with CRM’s
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications; and an openness to embracing new technology
- Superior communication skills; including oral, written, and listening
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to manage own time, priorities, and resources to achieve goals
- Commitment to work within a team to meet timelines and deliverables with a strong focus on customer service
- Ability to develop fresh ideas that provide solutions to all types of workplace challenges