Executive Assistant to VP of Management
6 days left
- Full Time
Under minimal supervision, this position provides a full range of executive assistance and administrative support to the assigned Vice President Management (VP-M). Duties range from managing the Vice President’s and General Counsel daily schedule, preparing/drafting/editing presentations and correspondence, monitoring budgets, maintaining files and making travel arrangements.
- Maintain and schedule meetings (includes weekly staff meeting, contact with outside consultants/sponsors, and committee meetings, etc. for the Vice President, Management (VP-M) and General Counsel (GC) Collects and prepares documents or information required for attendance at the above function(s).
- Prepares written materials, such as letters, memorandums, minutes, and briefing materials requiring special formats as needed and assures the accurate and timely completion of written communications for Vice-President, Management.Uses Word to track editing changes and proofread documents. Produces, edits, and formats charts and tables in Word and Excel, PowerPoint slide decks, and other presentation materials.
- Plans, organizes, and implements short-term projects. Prioritizes work and independently seeks out relevant information. Coordinates with necessary staff to verify project timelines and schedules.
- Researches, compiles and provides data and information for reports and projects.
- Assists with management of VP-M Budgets. Maintains record of internal and external deadlines and ensures timely response.
- Answers and screens telephone calls for VP-M and GC, makes appropriate distribution and/or act on routine administrative matters.
- Maintains files of classified and unclassified documents as required. Ensures that the Executive safe is reviewed at least annually to ensure compliance with NISPOM. Maintains computerized inventory listing of documents that are held.
- Organizes and retrieves documents in computerized database, such as task orders, task planning sheets, mailing lists, and periodic reports.
- Prepares travel requisitions and arrangements, (e.g. airline and hotel reservations, rental car, and security clearances passed on for VP-M and GC) prepares/submits travel vouchers and supporting documents for reimbursements of costs incurred for the VP-M and GC, consultants and other guests.
- Coordinates IDA special events in conjunction with the Vice President, Management, General Counsel and the Executive Assistant to the IDA President.Creates visitor requests, makes reservations of conference space, provides notification to attendees, makes catering preparations, and coordinates all arrangements from set-up to completion.
- Serves as the back-up to the Executive Assistant to the President to include assisting with preparation for IDA Board Meetings and other large corporate events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Eight (8) or more years administrative experience; must include experience supporting senior management.
- Excellent command of English grammar with strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to compose, write, edit, and proofread a variety of internal and external general business correspondence, memoranda, proposals, presentations, and management reports is essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality; able to effectively and diplomatically communicate orally and in writing with all levels of staff.
- Team player, contributes to a positive work environment, gets along well with colleagues.
- Must be a self-starter, have ability to think ahead and take initiative.
- Strong time management skills and ability to coordinate and prioritize projects and assignments with little supervision. Must be self-directed and detail oriented in completing assigned projects and tasks.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Strong proficiency with word processing, presentation, and spreadsheets. Experience using Microsoft Office Product Suite.
- Experience in government, government contracting, academic, R&D, or professional services environments strongly preferred.
- Ability to learn new software programs quickly, i.e., travel program.
- A minimum of an active Secret security clearance required.