Conservation International (CI) has been protecting nature for the benefit of all for over 30 years. Through science, policy, and partnerships, CI is helping build a healthier, more prosperous and more productive planet.
Support the existing ConservationGrants solution developed for Critical Ecosystem Partnership Fund (CEPF) as well as the expansion and maintenance of ConservationGrants as the standard grants management solution for CI external grants. Position will have a dotted-line reporting relationship to the VP of External Grants and Contracts, for work with analyzing, defining, and rolling out standard solution to remaining CI business units.
Examine, assess and document grants management activities across diverse business units at Conservation International. Work with team members from finance, programs, and IT to maintain CI’s existing grants management system, ConservationGrants, and to enhance existing functionality as the system, including developing an interface to CI’s accounting system. Support the CI grants management community as well as applicants and grantees around the world as they apply, award, report, and close-out grants through direct user support and development of training classes and support materials.
Support Development of Standard Grant Management System for CI:
- Document Existing Business Processes of grant units.
- Develop recommendations to standardize CI Grant Management procedures.
- Work with ConservationGrants project team to onboard new business units into Conservation Grants using standardized method, including incorporating enhancements to ConservationGrants as necessary, migration of existing grant data, and training new users.
Support Integration between ConservationGrants and Agresso:
- Participate in project team to integration ConservationGrants with Agresso.
- Test integration interface.
- Ongoing resolution of interface errors.
- Maintain business process documentation related to interface.
Participate in ConservationGrants System Product Team:
- Participate as the primary subject matter expert on the Conservation Grants Product team that provides maintenance, support, and continued development of ConservationGrants following Agile methodologies.
- Gather enhancement requests and maintain backlog.
- Work with product owners to prioritize backlog.
- Define new requirements based upon donor or program changes.
- Assist in the development and configuration of solutions within ConservationGrants.
- Participate in ongoing Scrum meetings.
- Provide initial validation of solutions and coordinate review of prototypes with product owners and users. Gather additional requirement clarification as necessary.
- Conduct or manage recurring testing of CG functionality due to upgrades in Salesforce, FoundationConnect, and ConservationGrants.
Support ConservationGrants Users:
- Provide Support to ConservationGrants users, both internal and external applicant/grantee community, including answering questions as well as performing system administrator tasks such as, but not limited to, user provisioning, record updates not allowed by standard users, and page layout updates.
- Develop and Maintain and Execute Training Program using variety of modalities including face-to-face and online for users around the globe with varying levels of connectivity.
- Develop and Maintain all institution-wide and program specific guidance documents and policies related to use of the ConservationGrants system, disseminate updates and oversee translation of materials.
- Develop and Maintain reports and dashboards.
- This position is located in Arlington, VA at Conservation International Headquaters.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business or information technology.
- 3-5 years experience gathering and managing business requirements and developing technical solutions.
- Proactive, self-starter; ability to work independently and prioritize conflicting tasks.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple concurrent initiatives.
- Strong team-player with ability to work across cross-functional teams.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to share complex technical information with multiple levels within organization.
- Knowledge of Salesforce and/or FoundationConnect.
- Previous grants management and/or non-profit experience.
- Experience with Agile development lifecycle, including ability to define user stories and acceptance criteria.
To apply please include cover letter.
Conservation International is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of CI to afford equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment. CI offers reasonable accommodation in the employment process for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. If you require an application accommodation due to a disability, please e-mail your request to email@example.com and include "accommodation" in the subject line.