Job Description Summary:
GW Facilities Services department is searching for a full-time Maintenance Mechanic to work in the HVAC Shop, Monday thru Friday, with rotating weekends. This position reports to the Foreman, Engineer Operations. This position performs varied tasks requiring special manual skill and a thorough and comprehensive knowledge of the processes involved in heating and venting systems, lighting, basic electrical, plumbing, and basic carpentry.
The primary function of this position is to:
- Maintains and repairs/replaces HVAC equipment including but not limited to piping and pumps, air handling equipment, electrical motors used in HVAC systems, window air conditioners, PTAX and DX systems and to performs maintenance, testing and repairs on electronic, electrical, pneumatic and DDC systems as related to refrigeration and HVAC systems.
- Provides functional supervision for the Jr. Maintenance Mechanic positions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent combination of training and experience, is necessary plus 3 years of relevant experience.
- Familiarity with mobile devices such as ipod or ipad for daily work assignments, time management, materials purchasing, and reporting.
- HVAC experience.
- CFC universal certification is preferred.
- Ability to utilize equipment such as ladders, hand tools, air compressors, recovery machines, evacuation machines, vacuum cleaners, etc.