Scientific Program Manager - Metabolic Diseases
Scientific Program Manager: Metabolic Disease
Join the Foundation for the National Institutes of Health (FNIH) (www.fnih.org) and become a leader at one of the premier organizations working to accelerate biomedical research by forging powerful public-private partnerships among the NIH and leading public and private sector institutions, including cutting-edge initiatives such as the Biomarkers Consortium and the Accelerating Medicines Partnership (AMP).
The FNIH is seeking a Scientific Program Manager-Metabolic Disorders (SPM-MD) to design, promote and execute major research partnerships with diverse stakeholders, including biopharmaceutical companies, healthcare not-for-profit partners, government, and academic scientists. The SPM-MD will manage a variety of programs and facilitate the creation of a portfolio of metabolic disease-focused studies conducted and funded by external research partners. The research portfolio includes large scale collaborative clinical trials, along with studies designed to develop and seek regulatory approval for biological markers in support of developing medical products.
The SPM-MD may also supervise the efforts of one or more Project Managers who ensure that individual research projects in the portfolio are conducted in a timely and effective manner within budgetary constraints. The SPM-MD will report to the Director of Research Partnerships. A moderate level of travel is required for this position.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate their strong qualifications to:
- Lead and facilitate multi-disciplinary, public/private sector teams;
- Manage a diverse portfolio of research projects in the field of metabolic diseases;
- Understand scientific data management processes, intellectual property rights, and publication processes and procedures;
- Develop, execute, and manage grants and contracts; and
- Develop and manage budgets and expenses.
Ideal candidates will be able to show:
- A graduate degree in a relevant field (doctoral degree preferred);
- An understanding of clinical research in the field of metabolic disease (clinical research background preferred);
- A familiarity with FDA regulations for developing drug or biological products;
- A minimum of five (5) years of science administration experience; and
- Experience supervising direct reports (preferred).
The candidate also should be intellectually and scientifically flexible enough to work with funding and research partners in technical areas s/he does not consider to be his/her primary area of expertise and should be detail-oriented, proactive, organized, and adept at multi-tasking.
Email your cover letter, resume, three references and your salary requirements to Subject: ProgMDWP at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letter should address the candidate’s qualifications and attributes in the areas outlined above.
Apply for Scientific Program Manager - Metabolic Diseases
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly