The Maintenance Technician is responsible for aspects of facility maintenance, renovation and repair for a student apartment community. Duties include but are not limited to general maintenance, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, basic supervision, on-call and resident satisfaction. Projecting a professional image through interactions with all internal and external customers is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Completes interior and exterior maintenance projects as set forth by the Assistant Director-Maintenance (AD-M) to ensure quality repairs.
- Responds to all maintenance requests within 24 hours.
- Conducts daily general inspections of assigned buildings. Reports persistent findings of these inspections to AD-M or the Facilities Coordinator with appropriate recommendations for proactive solutions.
- Participates on a designated snow team which monitors snow accumulation to ensure steps are taken to prevent ice build up on the property.
- Performs general furniture repair, general plumbing, appliance repair and electrical repairs.
- Performs inspections when units are vacated.
- Participates in a 24-hour emergency maintenance on-call schedule on a rotating basis.
- Responds within 30 minutes for emergency calls.
- Works mandatory overtime with no leave approved during the turn period.
- Other duties as assigned.