Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC/CUSTSPT)
OIG is organized into three line elements: the Offices of Investigations, Audits and Evaluations, and Healthcare Inspections; along with the Office of Contract Review and the Office of Management and Administration. In addition to the Washington, DC, headquarters, OIG has offices located in more than 30 cities throughout the country.
The Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC/CUSTSPT), located in the Office of office of inspector General (OIG) Office of Management and Administration, Information Technology (IT) and Data Analysis Division, IT Support Section. The Section is responsible for development, implementation, evaluation, and administration of OIG information systems, technical assistance, network systems management, and service desk & asset management for OIG personnel and offices nationwide.
The incumbent administers, develops, delivers, and supports information technology systems and services which require knowledge of IT principles, concepts, and methods. Acts as a liaison between OIG and Office of Information & Technology personnel.
- Occasional Travel
- Travel of 10-20% could be possible.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized Experience for the GS 12: Specialized experience is one year of experience at the GS-11 level or equivalent, that is directly related to the position and which has equipped the candidate with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Specialized experience for this position is defined as:
- Installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining customer hardware and software; AND
- Diagnosing and resolving problems in response to customer reported incidents; AND
- Ensuring the rigorous application of information security/ information assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of all IT services.
Specialized Experience for the GS 13: Specialized experience is one year of experience at the GS-12 level, or equivalent, that is directly related to the position and which has equipped the candidate with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Specialized experience for this position is defined as:
- Resolving technical based customer problems; e.g., by reimaging customer workstations and correcting other workstations affected by similar problems; AND
- Providing advice on and devise solutions to a wide range of IT issues; AND
- Reviewing proposed new systems, networks, and software designs for potential security risks.
In addition to meeting specialized experience, applicants must show proficiency in 1) attention to detail, 2) customer service, 3) oral communication, and 4) problem solving.
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your résumé.
Public Trust - Background Investigation