Office of Human Resources
Exempt, Regular, Full-Time, Pay Grade 1.3
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Benefits Associate in the Office of Human Resources. Reporting to the Benefits Manager, the Benefits Associate is responsible for providing day-to-day administration of employee leaves and providing support for the administration of health and retirement plans and policies. The Benefits Associate develops effective communication, ensures outreach, and increases understanding of overall leave programs for stateside and overseas employees. This position will also be responsible improving existing program delivery, providing analytical and technical support, conducting gap analysis of existing processes, and seeking continuous improvement activities.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Develop, implement and educate employees and managers while partnering with the Employee Relations team on processes to track and manage all leaves of absence and time-offs within Workday.
- Manage leaves and applicable time-off to include monitoring usage, forecasting exhaustion of leave accruals, managing pay and benefits while on leave, and coordinating with Payroll.
- Ensuring accuracy of Workday system leave administration and monitoring accordingly, to include placing employees on leave, auditing time-off usage, and collecting paperwork as necessary.
- Run reports as appropriate to proactively audit, manage and identify leave usage issues/concerns each payroll period.
- Function as Workday leave administration subject matter expert and point of contact in supporting global Leave Partners in Europe and Asia on functional processes as needed while ensuring compliance with appropriate policies.
- Coordinate with Payroll on usage of different types of LOA to ensure the appropriate payroll effect for various leave types (i.e., FML, Parental, Accident Leave, etc.) and understanding implications and impacts to payroll.
- Act as primary POC for FML Administration outsourced vendor. Balance and reconcile FML time in Workday against vendor-reported FML and making adjustments as needed, partnering as appropriate with employee, manager, HR Business Partner, Payroll, and Employee Relations.
- Partner closely with HRIS on Workday configuration and implementation of changes, updates, etc.
- Process benefit elections, changes, and terminations.
- Assist with New Hire Orientation and Open Enrollment activities and preparation.
- Conduct various audits such as leave and timecard audits, supplemental retirement account contribution audits, and EBD Dependent Coverage audits.
- Provide assistance as needed with ACA-related activity in the form of charts and spreadsheets.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning
- At least three (3) years of employee health and retirement administration experience, or general human resources experience.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you are required to create an account prior to completing your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to check on the status of your application or to apply to additional jobs.