Personnel Security Specialist - Crystal City, VA - TS
The Personnel Security (PERSEC) Specialist will provide support to personnel with any personnel security requirement within Special Access Program Facilities (SAPF) in accordance with the NISPOM and DOD 5205.07, Volume 2.
The Personnel Security Specialist will perform the following responsibilities:
- Administer and update information on the Clients Security Databases
- Track and maintain all PERSEC information to include clearance status, SAP access, security training records, personnel information files (PIFs) and visit certification (VAR)
- Process incoming Program Access Request (PAR) and associated documentation through the JSFPO Processing to include following the processing requirement found in JADE SOP
- Manage program quota roster
- Maintain tracking numbers for month reporting by the Program Manager
- Other duties are assigned
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
5-8 years of related experience in facility or industrial security administration, preferably in the government contracting industry.
Required Skills (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
Thorough knowledge of multiple DoD and services security references, regulations, and instructions pertaining to personnel security, especially the NISPOM and DOD5202.07 Vol 2., also JAFAN experience is valued.
Per contract requirements:
Minimum of five (5) years relevant specialized security experience on a Secure Access Program (SAP).
Thorough knowledge of multiple DoD and services security references, regulations, and instructions pertaining to information security, especially the NISPOM and JAFAN series security requirements.
- Experience processing Program Access Requests (PARs)
- Experience processing System Access Requests (SARs)
- Experience completing security adjudication using Scattered Castles and JPAS.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.
With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.