- Part Time
Facilitates and coordinates voice communications between hospital personnel, the outside community, police, fire and rescue agencies, and the medical community. Operates and maintains all centralized telecommunications equipment to include: 1) telephone equipment, 2) paging equipment, 3) alarm equipment, 4) TDD equipment. Acts as information liaison for hospital schedules and procedures, events and activities, and patient information. Responds and triages in-house emergency codes and hospital emergency alarms. Responds and triages Home Care, Hospice, Private Home Services and the Doula Program for after-hour patient contacts.
May act as shift supervisor in the absence of the Supervisor, Telecommunications Center
Supports the Mission of Trinity Health and Holy Cross Hospital.
Minimum licensure/certification required (if applicable):
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
Fluency in English and Spanish is required.
- Experience with Windows 2000 and basic computer knowledge.
- Minimum of 1 years' experience in a service provider environment preferred.
- Must posses strong customer service Skills.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and strong verbal communications skills in English.
- Must be tactful, self-controlled, and poised at all times.
- Must be reliable.
- Requires visual acuity sufficient to read computer screens on a continuous basis.
- Requires manual dexterity sufficient for daily use of a PC and fax, to lock/unlock-controlled areas/panels, and to complete written documentation.
- Must be able to be ambulatory, able to climb stairs and carry and move light office equipment.
- In emergencies, departmental or hospital, must be available 24 hours if required.
- Must be detail oriented.
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.