Recreation Assistant (Lifeguard) NF-02
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is world-wide. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
Location: Gaffney Fitness Center, Fort Meade, MD
Gaffney Fitness Center provides state of the art cardiovascular equipment, free weights, and strength machines to meet patrons workout needs. Additional facilities include racquetball courts, saunas, an aerobics room, a combatives room, a 25 meter pool, and a spin room. Group fitness classes and personal training are also available.
About this position: This position is responsible for the safety of the patrons by enforcing rules, responding to incidents, and maintaining a clean and safe pool environment.
Schedule: Applicants must be able to weekends, weekdays, holidays and night duty as required.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES CERTIFICATES AS INDICATED IN THE QUALIFICATIONS SECTION. THESE CERTIFICATES MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH YOUR RESUME AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR EMPLOYMENT.
**THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS OPEN UNTIL ALL VACANCIES ARE FILLED. IT MAY BE EXTENDED OR CLOSED PRIOR TO THE CURRENT CLOSING DATE. APPLICANTS WILL BE REFERRED TO THE SELECTING OFFICIAL AS VACANCIES OCCUR.**
1st Cut-Off Date: June 20, 2017
2nd Cut-Off Date: July 05, 2017
3rd Cut-Off Date: July 24, 2017
4th Cut-Off Date: September 07, 2017
5th Cut-Off Date: October 02, 2017
6th Cut-Off Date: October 16, 2017
7th Cut-Off Date: TBD
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Conditions of Employment:
1. If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty.
2. Appointment is subject to satisfactory completion of pre-employment background checks in accordance with AR 215-3.
3. Continuous exposure to sun and prolonged periods of high temperature and humidity.
4. In case of exposure to infectious disease, incumbent is required to obtain the Hepatitis B vaccination series within a 24-hour period.
5. Applicants may be assigned to work irregular duties or when needed for special recreational events and related requirements.
6. Work hours may involve weekends, weekdays, holidays and night duty as required.
7. Successful completion of a health assessment is required.
1. Lifeguard (American Red Cross or nationally recognized equivalent i.e. Star Guard or Ellis).
2. American Red Cross "Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation for the Professional.
3. CPR for the Professional Rescuer or equivalent (i.e. Star Guard or Ellis).
4. First Aid.
5. Customer service experience.
Highly Desirable: American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor or nationally recognized equivalent i.e. Star Guard or Ellis Lifeguard Instructor Certification; OR American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor or nationally recognized equivalent i.e. Star Guard or Ellis Water Safety Instructor Certification.
(Applicants who meet the highly preferred criteria in addition to the minimum qualifications will be referred to management for consideration first)
PLEASE SUBMIT COPIES OF CERTIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION
In addition, for facilities that use Oxygen Administration "O2 bottles" the O2 Administration certification (American Red Cross "Oxygen Administration" or nationally recognized equivalent i.e. Star Guard or Ellis Oxygen Administration) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) certification must be obtained within two weeks of reporting for duty.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs.
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Eligibility - Outside Applicant Non Veteran (OANV)
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)