5 days left
- Full Time
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win in air, space and cyberspace.
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
An endorsement letter must be submitted with your career broadening resume
in order to be eligible for the position.
WHO MAY APPLY:
Click here for more information. You MUST have one or more identified eligibilities in order to be considered. **Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list**
Air Force Employee (Current Permanent Competitive Service Career/Career-Conditional Employee and Current Permanent AF DCIPS Employees with Reinstatement Rights to the Competitive Service)
- Occasional Travel
- Based on TDY mission requirements
- Based on a signed mobility agreement
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Mobility agreement must be signed
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate security clearance
- Endorsement letter required
- Relocation Incentive Authorized 8k Reassignment / 4k Promotion
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: One year of specialized experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA's) to successfully perform the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the position to be filled. To be creditable, the specialized experience must have been at the GS-12 grade level or equivalent under other pay systems in the Federal service.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
Click on the following link to view Individual Occupational Requirements for this position:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of the policies, principles, concepts, guidance, procedures, techniques, and methodologies pertaining to budget formulation and financial management.
2. Knowledge of the mission, roles, functions, organizational structures, and operation of DoD and Air Force organizations to provide Air Staff and command level guidance pertaining to budget formulation and financial management.
3. Knowledge of revolving funds and annual and multiple-year appropriations; their characteristics, uses, applications, and date structures.
4. Knowledge of the DoD planning, programming, budgeting, and execution process and its products, terminology, and guidance documents, including DoD budget and financial management regulations, OMB circulars,and Congressional legislations.
5. Ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, clearly, concisely, and with technical accuracy.
6. Ability to plan, organize, mentor, motivate, and direct subordinate teammates in the use of automated data processing concepts, systems capabilities, and economic usages to effectively complete assignments.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Travel by regular scheduled commercial or military conveyance in accordance with JTR may be required in performance of TDY.
- The employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, which may include evenings, weekends, and/or holidays.
- TEMPORARY PROMOTION: If the position is filled as a temporary promotion, upon completion of the career broadening assignment, the temporary promotion may lead to permanent promotion without further competition.
- Mobility is a condition of employment. The employee must sign an Air Force-wide mobility agreement.
- Travel by regularly scheduled commercial or military conveyance in accordance with Joint Travel Regulations may be required in performance of TDY.
- Employee must be able to obtain and retain Secret clearance required for the position.
- Defense National Relocation Program (DNRP) is authorized.
- This is a Financial Management Level 2 Certified position IAW the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) 2012, Public Law 112-81, Subtitle F-Financial Management, Section 1599d, Incumbent shall comply with the requirements of the certification program.
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications.