Senior Network and Security Engineer
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
No. Vacancies: 1.00
Department: 16405.Information Systems
Travel %: Less than 10%
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 3 years of experience required
Equivalency: Equivalent combination of education & experience considered
Does this position have direct reports: No
Primary Purpose Of The Position
Join an innovative team that is responsible for evolving the customer experience by establishing globalized connectivity without boundaries. By reaching beyond the satellite industry to leverage the broader communications landscape, our vision will define the performance and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Engineer, manage, and deploy Intelsat global enterprise IP network infrastructure and associated technologies which support 1,200+ users. Provide network designs which take into account the appropriate redundancy, availability, scalability, security, and manageability requirements needed for the continuing success of Intelsat's critical Enterprise network infrastructure. Provide architecture and design of network/system access management, support and analysis tools including incident analysis and response, log analysis, threat and vulnerability management.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Provide network design, configuration and testing to facilitate the deployment of new enterprise sites/devices or the optimization of infrastructure.
- Provide escalation technical support on Intelsat enterprise network issues.
- Perform testing, installing, integrating and documenting of the IP network architecture and related technologies and services.
- Execute and document planned and emergency maintenances.
- Assist in providing engineering standards and training to other members of the network engineering and network operations groups.
- Perform physical support activities (e.g. cable tracing/running and racking, replacing and installing hardware) as requested.
- Work in cross-functional teams to develop solutions to satisfy internal and external customers network and service requirements
- Assist in configuring and maintaining network management tools for the Intelsat enterprise network.
- Track the performance and health of network infrastructure and protocols.
- Identify and communicate improvements to processes and technologies to meet Intelsat's availability, risk mitigation and cost requirements.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of Networking and Information Security including news, techniques, tools and strategies.
- Contribute to the technical understanding and promotion of new and existing Network and Information Security standards and solutions.
- Assist in conducting periodic internal and external Network and Information Security audits and assessments in various areas of the company.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of work experience e and education.
- Must have hands-on experience of routing, including but not limited to configuring and troubleshooting of: BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP-1/2, PBR and WCCP.
- Must have hands-on experience of LAN switching technologies to include: STP, PVST, CGMP, IGMP, 802.XX, Gigabit Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Vlan/Trunking (802.1q & ISL), Etherchannel, Wireless, Spanning Tree (STP), HSRP, VRRP.
- Must have knowledge of and experience with transport technologies including but not limited to SONET (OC3-OC192), ATM, Frame Relay and Terrestrial/Satellite Leased line (fracT1 - OC3).
- Knowledge of VoIP technologies and quality of service for voice traffic highly desirable.
- Familiarity with RF(C Band, Ku band), IF, L-Band and RF system block diagrams desirable.
- Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or equivalent required. CCNP Cisco Certified Network Professional or equivalent desirable.
- Firewall and security appliance experience highly desirable.
- Knowledge of and experience with industry best practices on network architecture and engineering and experience in robust network, product/service and system design and implementation strategies.
- Familiarity with ancillary technologies used to support network backbones, e.g. management and metric gathering tools (SNMP, Netflow), packet capturing tools, and automation tools.
- Strong documentation, communication and analytical skills required.
- Must be able and willing to travel domestically and internationally.
- This position requires ITAR access; all candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.