Security Shift Supervisor (Mon-Fri 2:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m.) - Bowie, MD
Provides work leadership and supervision over lower-level security guards/officers on assigned shift. Provides security, access control and protection over personnel, properties, structures and materials, both classified and unclassified, within the premises and grounds of the CCS complex. Supervises Security Guards on assigned shift; no budgetary responsibility.
- Assigns security guards to specific posts and approves changes. Schedules, prepares and posts duty roster.
- Trains new officers and monitors compliance with CCS security force policies and procedures.
- Coordinates center response during emergency situation; provides on-site supervision as appropriate.
- Inspects the facility and reports security violations and faulty/unsafe utility equipment; ensures fire and other safety precautions are in working order.
- Provides security and protective services to the CCS complex by patrolling and monitoring; enforces CCS security and SCI standard practices and procedures.
- Administers daily key inventories; logs and completes necessary administrative forms/reports related to incidents.
- Performs the duties of a Sr Security Guard as defined, but not limited to, in the appropriate position description.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three or more years of responsible work experience in law enforcement/security, preferably in a defense related environment.
- Ability to physically walk around facility and respond on short notice to alarms and emergency situations.
- Ability to respond in accordance to standards for NSA/CCS and SCI facilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to use a computer
- Ability to obtain and maintain appropriate TS/SCI with full-scope polygraph security clearance; Active TS/SCI with full-scope polygraph, preferred.