AHC’s Multifamily Development Team seeking Development Managers
AHC Inc. is seeking dynamic and highly motivated individuals to join its real estate development team in Arlington, VA. The firm is a leading regional player in affordable and mixed-income rental housing development and has accumulated a substantial track record of completing large, complex, and innovative transactions. Candidates must have real estate development experience but prior affordable housing experience is not a prerequisite.
AHC Inc. is a full-service real estate firm that develops attractive, high-quality, affordable and mixed-income housing in the Washington and Baltimore metropolitan areas. Over the past 40 years, the company has developed more than 7,000 rental units at over 50 communities. AHC was been repeatedly honored by the Housing Association of Nonprofit Developers as Developer of the Year and has been selected as one of the Best Nonprofits to work for by Nonprofit Times four years in a row.
About the Team:
The Multifamily Division is an experienced development shop that offers candidates a fun, fast-paced, environment in which to tackle the many challenges of real estate development while making a meaningful difference in our community. The team is responsible for identifying, acquiring, financing and constructing or renovating large-scale multifamily properties. We utilize a wide range of affordable and conventional financing tools including Low Income Housing and Historic Tax Credits, a variety of debt products, and creative public-private partnerships to complete innovative affordable, mixed-use, and mixed-income transactions.
About the Job:
The Development Manager role is broadly defined at AHC and the selected individual will have responsibility for the full range of tasks associated with each project from initial concept through construction completion and lease-up. Specifically, Development Managers work with the Division Director and other team members to:
- identify potential new projects and lead efforts to obtain site control;
- generate development budgets and pro forma to evaluate financial feasibility;
- negotiate with lenders and investors to obtain acquisition, construction, and permanent financing;
- work with zoning counsel and local jurisdictions to gain approval of land entitlements and/or financial support;
- coordinate the underwriting and closing process, including document review;
- evaluate and select third-party professionals to be development team members;
- oversee the development of construction and/or renovation plans;
- present to senior staff, the Board of Directors, community groups and local governments;
- manage development team members during all phases of development/construction;
Well-qualified applicants have the following characteristics:
- a strong entrepreneurial drive coupled with intense curiosity and creativity;
- the desire to take ownership of projects while working well within a team environment;
- the ability to juggle multiple complex projects at various points in the development cycle;
- experience preparing and evaluating development budgets and financial projections;
- a strong interest in affordable housing and a passion for creating positive change;
- a BS or BA in finance, real estate, or other relevant discipline;
- experience in multifamily housing development and/or project management;
- excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills;
- the ability to work independently;
- knowledge of construction, property operations, and other applicable fields also desirable
To apply: Send your resume and salary requirements to HR at (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via fax at 703-486-0653 for immediate consideration. E/O/E.
For more information on AHC, please visit our website at www.ahcinc.org.