Accounting and Database Coordinator - Reinsurance Association of America
The Reinsurance Association of America (RAA) is the leading trade association of property and casualty reinsurers doing business in the United States. Its membership is diverse and includes reinsurance underwriters and intermediaries licensed in the U.S. and those that conduct business on a cross-border basis. The RAA represents its members before state, federal and international bodies. It is headquartered in Washington, D.C.
The Accounting and Database Coordinator performs a broad range of accounting and membership database maintenance responsibilities. This position requires a 40 hour/5-day work week (Monday through Friday). Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand and as pre-approved by the supervisor.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Accounting and Database Coordinator’s responsibilities are to:
- Process accounts payable including vendor and employee expense reports.
- Perform accounts receivable functions including membership and subscription billing, collections and posting of cash receipts.
- Maintain fixed asset schedules and prepare semi-annual depreciation calculations.
- Prepare and file annual sales and use tax return.
- Prepare and file federal forms 1099 and 1098.
- Assist with the preparation of year-end audit.
- Assist with the preparation of annual budget.
- Maintain AMS database including system setup and update of organization, committee and individual information as requested.
- Generate database queries and reports for those requests not available from the menu driven capabilities of the AMS systems.
- Implement procedures to improve AMS and accounting systems including standards for staff data entry for membership and event coding.
- Serve as a liaison to train staff on accounting and membership database systems.
- Provide accounting and administrative support to the International Society of Catastrophe Managers association.
- Manage record retention for accounting records in accordance with the record retention policy.
- Provide administrative support for accounting manager and human resources service provider, as needed.
- The Accounting and Database Coordinator must have the following qualifications:
- Communication, Oral and Written - Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in writing and spoken word.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Organized – The trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Self-Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one's ability using his/her own drive or initiative.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Financial Aptitude - Ability to understand and explain accounting information.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
Skills and Abilities
The Accounting and Database Coordinator must have the following skills and abilities:
- An Associate's Degree (two-year college or technical school) or work equivalent in Accounting or Business Administration
- At least 3 or more years in accounting or related field preferred
- A basic level of knowledge in operating system, word processing, web-based communications and accounting software.
- An intermediate level of knowledge in MS office suite, spreadsheet, electronic mail, web browsing and information retrieval software
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Accounting and Database Coordinator. Email applications only, please.