Cabinet Shop Supervisor
Job Title: Cabinet Shop Supervisor
Company/Organization: US Senate Sergeant at Arms, Capitol Facilities
Location: US Capitol, Washington, DC
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: 76K +
About the Job: U.S. Senate seeks a Cabinet Shop Supervisor for work in the U.S. Capitol. Coordinates cabinet shop services including custom furniture design and building; furnishings repair, and picture framing services. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and 2D AutoCAD is required while Alphacam software for a CNC router and 3D AutoCAD is preferred.
- Oversees the planning, assigning, prioritizing, and reviewing the work of skilled and semi-skilled staff; writes performance evaluations and makes recommendations for hiring.
- Monitors budget expenditures for supplies.
- Coordinates furniture requirements with Senate offices; assists in determining workspace solutions; discusses furniture features, wood preferences, design and special needs requests.
- Takes space measurements and draws furniture schematic drawings; prepares schematic drawings on the computer outlining desired features and measurements.
- Orders and tracks materials and supplies.
- Provides cost data for production.
- Develops procedures to review final products for quality control and adherence to work order requests.
- May assist in shop operations.
Work requires a high school diploma (or GED), and three to five years increasingly responsible experience in a cabinet shop including one year of supervisory experience; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the following knowledge, abilities and skills:
- Knowledge of woodworking and finishing techniques, and wood types and shop capacity.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and coordinate work efforts.
- Ability to plan, assign, review, and coordinate the work of skilled and semi-skilled personnel in various shops.
- Ability to communicate with Senate staff on availability and alternatives of furniture and items.
- Ability to develop computer schematics of furniture designs.
To be considered for this position, all applicants must submit a U.S. Senate Sergeant at Arms Application for Employment with a cover letter and current resume to the SAA Human Resources Department by 06/20/2017. Applications packages can be emailed to us at email@example.com or faxed to us at 202-228-2965. Please DO NOT submit applications or resumes via U.S. Mail. SAA Applications can be found at http://www.senate.gov/employment/saa/pdf/Employment_Application.pdf
*Note: The application link is case sensitive.
*Hiring for this position is governed by the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act*