Facilities Services Supervisor
Job Title: Facilities Services Supervisor
Company/Organization: US Senate Sergeant at Arms, Capitol Facilities
Location: US Capitol, Washington, DC
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: 60K +
About the Job: The Facilities Services Supervisor is responsible supervisory work overseeing the cleaning and labor services in the Senate wing of the U.S. Capitol building from 10:30 pm-7:30 am; Sun. night to Fri. morning. Salary includes full federal benefits and free parking/metro. Applicant must pass background check. The incumbent ensures the efficient and safe delivery of cleaning and labor services to the Senate chamber, areas surrounding the chamber, all public areas, and meeting rooms. Work includes assigning and inspecting work assignments, supervising staff, and counseling responsibilities. Work is performed under the general supervision of a Facilities Services Manager.
- Performs regular inspections to ensure cleaning and labor standards are met.
- Assigns cleaning and labor tasks and special projects; creates work schedules as needed.
- Supervises and counsels assigned staff; prepares and serves performance evaluations; approves employee leave and maintains leave calendar; recommends discipline as necessary; and serves on interview panels.
- Provides training in correct and safe cleaning, preservation, restoration, labor, and event set-up procedures.
- As necessary, provides oversight to contract labor staff.
- Resolves issues raised by Lead Technicians including, but not limited to, conflict resolution and complex task-related problems.
- Maintains adequate on-hand inventory of cleaning supplies and consumables; orders necessary supplies from vendors.
- Ensures building security through proper distribution and collection of route keys.
Work requires a high school diploma (or GED) and at least 3-5 years of relevant experience, including lead/supervisory experience in the custodial/facilities/hospitality industry or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the following knowledge, abilities and skills:
- Knowledge of institutional cleaning practices and procedures, equipment, and processes.
- Knowledge of effective supervisory practices and processes.
- Ability to assure adherence to proper policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, assign, direct, and evaluate the work of assigned staff.
- Ability to use a personal computer, including word processing and email.
- Ability to learn automated quality assurance and work order systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal relationship skills.
To be considered for this position, all applicants must submit a U.S. Senate Sergeant at Arms Application for Employment with a cover letter and current resume to the SAA Human Resources Department by 06/20/2017. Applications packages can be emailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to us at 202-228-2965. Please DO NOT submit applications or resumes via U.S. Mail. SAA Applications can be found at http://www.senate.gov/employment/saa/pdf/Employment_Application.pdf
*Note: The application link is case sensitive
*Hiring for this position is governed by the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act*