Public Outreach Manager
The Public Outreach Manager who will oversee the Society’s Public Outreach department, and serve as the staff liaison to the ASBMB Public Outreach Committee.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the Society’s communication training program, which includes running “The Art of Science Communication” online training course.
- Develops new training programs, resources and materials that help prepare ASBMB members to engage with the public.
- Helps organize and puts on outreach-themed events and meetings at locations across the country, including workshops at professional meetings.
- Plans and executes outreach programming at the ASBMB Annual Meeting.
- Identifies and applies for external funding opportunities to support the department’s outreach efforts.
- Works with the ASBMB Education and Professional Development department to run the Student Chapters Outreach Seed Grant program.
- Maintains the ASBMB Public Outreach website.
- Works with the ASBMB Marketing and Communications departments to promote the Society’s outreach programs and activities.
- Engages with other organizations to establish mutually beneficial partnerships on outreach projects.
- Represents the Society at professional meetings, such as the Broader Impacts Summit.
- Organizes a yearly committee business meeting for members of the committee.
Positions may be reassigned and responsibilities may be modified or changed at any time to fulfill organizational requirements.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in science or education required; master’s degree or Ph.D. in a molecular life science field preferred.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience required.
- Must have previous experience organizing, managing and participating in science outreach and public engagement projects.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills; experience with science communication training is preferred.
- Must have excellent project management and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, social media, and web development is required.
How to Apply:
For a detailed job description and to apply, please visit: http://www.faseb.org/employment
Please send a cover letter and salary requirements with your resume.
For more information about ASBMB, please visit: www.asbmb.org