Marketing Specialist/Project Manager
The Center for Adoption Support and Education (C.A.S.E.) in Burtonsville, Maryland (located just off Route 29 between Washington D.C. and Baltimore), is seeking a full-time Marketing Project Manager with demonstrated graphic design skills to perform an array of general marketing projects for its National Adoption Competency Mental Health Training Initiative (NTI) a federally funded cooperative agreement with the Department of Health and Human Services. The position has a dotted line report relationship to the Director of NTI and the Director of Marketing.
Note: Must occasionally attend specific agency functions in the evening and/or on weekends. Minimal travel may be required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for all internet-based and multimedia communications for the National Training Initiative (NTI)
- Increases and tracks prospective user base for NTI trainings by utilizing cross marketing platforms including direct mail, email, website postings and in-person events.
- Responsible for daily website maintenance, utilizing a WordPress CMS (content management system) to build and edit web pages within the NTI section of the C.A.S.E. website. Ensures content aligns with NTI goals and objectives.
- Develops and designs informational and promotional materials and products for print and electronic distribution (fact sheets, short briefs, articles for peer-reviewed journals on evaluation).
- Coordinates the activities of key NTI dissemination partners and distributes NTI information to members and partners during pilot and national launch.
- Works collaboratively with professional mental health membership associations to provide information to members through their email blasts, articles in publications, on their websites and through other means.
- Collaborates with the Child Welfare Information Gateway for posting NTI information across marketing and communication platforms
- Represents NTI at national exhibits and conferences
- Responsible for all coordination, functionality and promotion of NTI webinars
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and applied experience in graphic design.
- Minimum of four (4) to five (5) years experience in marketing; preferably in a non-profit organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Thorough working knowledge of contemporary business office and the ability to apply the concepts to a non-profit mental health environment.
- Working knowledge of the general principles of formal Marketing and Communications.
- Demonstrated expertise in on-line communications (blogs, online communities) and use of social networking tools- Twitter, Facebook, etc. to promote NTI objectives and increase engagement.
- Skilled in the use of WordPress, basic HTML, and content management systems.
- Demonstrated skill in graphic design concepts and software (Adobe Photoshop and/or InDesign) is required. Portfolio required.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Windows based PC environment and Microsoft Office tools such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work with a wide audience of internal and external parties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to write reports, prepare and give presentations.
- Excellent organizational skills including attention to detail and follow-through.
- Strong analytical skills to be used to assess research and identify trends, survey data, etc.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment including remote team members.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple and changing demands with diplomacy and decorum.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with internal and external clientele; all levels of staff and management; existing and potential clients, customers, contractors, vendors, and agencies.
- Ability to work in and constructively contribute to a harmonious cross-functional team work environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all information and material.
C.A.S.E. offers a competitive salary, health benefits, 403 (B) retirement plan, life and disability insurance, generous leave and opportunities for professional development in a friendly, flexible work environment. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume with links to graphic design and marketing projects, which you produced to Kathy Sheehan, Director of Human Resources at sheehansadoptionsupport.org. No phone calls please.
Apply for Marketing Specialist/Project Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly