Marketing Specialist/Project Manager
The Center for Adoption Support and Education (C.A.S.E.) in Burtonsville, Maryland (located just off Route 29 between Washington D.C. and Baltimore), is seeking a full-time Marketing Project Manager with demonstrated graphic design skills to perform an array of general marketing projects for its National Adoption Competency Mental Health Training Initiative (NTI) a federally funded cooperative agreement with the Department of Health and Human Services. The position has a dotted line report relationship to the Director of NTI and the Director of Marketing.
Note: Must occasionally attend specific agency functions in the evening and/or on weekends. Minimal travel may be required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for all internet-based and multimedia communications for the National Training Initiative (NTI)
- Increases and tracks prospective user base for NTI trainings by utilizing cross marketing platforms including direct mail, email, website postings and in-person events.
- Responsible for daily website maintenance, utilizing a WordPress CMS (content management system) to build and edit web pages within the NTI section of the C.A.S.E. website. Ensures content aligns with NTI goals and objectives.
- Develops and designs informational and promotional materials and products for print and electronic distribution (fact sheets, short briefs, articles for peer-reviewed journals on evaluation).
- Coordinates the activities of key NTI dissemination partners and distributes NTI information to members and partners during pilot and national launch.
- Works collaboratively with professional mental health membership associations to provide information to members through their email blasts, articles in publications, on their websites and through other means.
- Collaborates with the Child Welfare Information Gateway for posting NTI information across marketing and communication platforms
- Represents NTI at national exhibits and conferences
- Responsible for all coordination, functionality and promotion of NTI webinars
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and applied experience in graphic design.
- Minimum of four (4) to five (5) years experience in marketing; preferably in a non-profit organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Thorough working knowledge of contemporary business office and the ability to apply the concepts to a non-profit mental health environment.
- Working knowledge of the general principles of formal Marketing and Communications.
- Demonstrated expertise in on-line communications (blogs, online communities) and use of social networking tools- Twitter, Facebook, etc. to promote NTI objectives and increase engagement.
- Skilled in the use of WordPress, basic HTML, and content management systems.
- Demonstrated skill in graphic design concepts and software (Adobe Photoshop and/or InDesign) is required. Portfolio required.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Windows based PC environment and Microsoft Office tools such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work with a wide audience of internal and external parties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to write reports, prepare and give presentations.
- Excellent organizational skills including attention to detail and follow-through.
- Strong analytical skills to be used to assess research and identify trends, survey data, etc.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment including remote team members.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple and changing demands with diplomacy and decorum.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with internal and external clientele; all levels of staff and management; existing and potential clients, customers, contractors, vendors, and agencies.
- Ability to work in and constructively contribute to a harmonious cross-functional team work environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all information and material.
C.A.S.E. offers a competitive salary, health benefits, 403 (B) retirement plan, life and disability insurance, generous leave and opportunities for professional development in a friendly, flexible work environment. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume with links to graphic design and marketing projects, which you produced to Kathy Sheehan, Director of Human Resources at sheehanadoptionsupport.org. No phone calls please.