Candidate will support Group S6 mission network requirements. Primary duty will be to configure; install and operate encryption devices (KG-175; KG-245). Account for Communications Security Equipment (COMSEC) materials; daily cryptographic equipment keying and disposition records. Candidate will also configure; test; install and maintain networks and long-haul communications systems used for voice; data and video applications. Install; test and troubleshoot MSPP; DS-3; Ethernet; T-1/T3 lines; Cisco routers and switches; premise wiring and cable distribution systems; fiber optics and the interfaces to the LAN/WAN connections. Install, troubleshoot, and maintain Desktop VTC Equipment and Voice over Internet protocol Phones (VoIP) instruments. Assign IP addresses and domain name administration; DNS; DHCP. Candidate must have working knowledge with layer 2 and layer 3 technologies. Be able to work independently and with other support technicians/engineers performing analysis and resolution of reported issues. Construct, read, and interpret floor plans, wiring diagrams, and schematics using Microsoft Visio.
Additionally; some of the other tasks will include:
1. Manages the usage and performance of voice; video and/or data communications networks.
2. Maintains network security including boundary/perimeter protection and ensures compliance with security policies and procedures such as Defense in Depth.
3. Evaluates hardware and software; including peripheral; output; and related equipment.
4. Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
5. Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
6. Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
7. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
8. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
9. Candidate may be required to travel (CONUS) on an occasional basis.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
Additionally, Candidate must posses a CCNA and Security+ CE or CCNA-Secuirty certification for this position
Position may involve strenuous activity, such as standing for long periods, lifting heavy objects (i.e. IT hardware), and bending/crouching to reach cords requiring plug in etc.
2-5 years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
#rcellich #beltwaycareers #zpost #dpost cjpost