Fiber Optic Trainer Team Leader, CSCS DET EAST Norfolk VA
Job DescriptionLeads, develops; organizes; and conducts Fiber Optic repair training for Fleet sailors at Center for Surface Combat Systems CSCS DET EAST Norfolk VA and at alternate locations. Training program requires ability to conduct traditional classroom instruction and laboratory demonstration training.
- Provides dynamic teaching & training as well as assessment that require advanced knowledge of Fiber Optic applications, maintenance and repair in support of Navy Combat Systems.
- Conducts dynamic assessment of the sailors' abilities to comply with approved maintenance and repair procedures and thereafter provides formal appraisal of performance with recommendations for improvement and methods to maintain technical proficiency.
- Observes and assesses Tier II contemporaries during Practice and Certification Teaches per requirements NAVEDTRA 135.
- Prepares; reviews; and customizes curriculum lesson plans and instructor guide in support of Fiber Optic traditional classroom and laboratory teaching.
- Supports Course Reviews and Curriculum Updates; conducts training gap analysis provides formal feedback and recommendation for Course improvement via NKO COP.
- Documents the training conducted with specifics of the individual areas / watch station and is responsible for generation of a formal assessment of measure of success via written report.
- Reviews and updates course content and objectives.
- Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
- Maintains records of training activities; participant progress; and program effectiveness.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Five (5) years of experience with as either a maintenance technician supervisor or instructor with responsibility for assembling Fiber Optic cables or conducting Fiber Optic repair in a journeyman level environment.
- One (1) year of experience as an instructor in a Navy Training Environment; to include curriculum maintenance; writing learning objectives; preparing test items; evaluating instructional materials and the results of instruction and counseling students on academic learning problems.
- Previous experience teaching Fiber Optic cable assembly or repair is desired.