Principal Contracts Administrator
Conducts negotiation and administration of government contracts and/or sub-to-prime contracts.
- Administers prime contracts and sub-to-prime contracts, including negotiation of proposals/engineering change proposals, contract administration, and contract close-out.Serves as the company's primary point of contact with the Government Contracting Officer and/or Prime Contractor's Subcontracts Administrator.Provides contracts advice, interpretation of contract requirements and identification of risk to program management and senior leadership.Ensures the company is compliant and up-to-date with all contractual requirements. Participates in periodic financial reviews, property audits, etc. Negotiates contract terms from proposal stage to contract close-out in accordance with relevant laws, regulations and company policies.Coordinates with program managers to ensure contract requirements are fulfilled and contract deliverables are submitted in a timely manner.Participates in new business proposal efforts from the pre-solicitation stage through contract award. Reviews solicitation documents to ensure compliance with terms and conditions. Advises proposal team on solicitation compliance matters.Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced contracts administratorsMaintains current knowledge of relevant contractual procedures and practices.Participates in special projects as required.Limited travel in the MD and VA areas may be required.
- 8-10 years of related experience in contracts administration.
- Employee must be self-motivated and able to perform duties with minimal supervision.
- The successful candidate will be required to obtain a TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph.
- When applying, applicants shall indicate the preferred work location of MD or VA.