Senior Cyber Systems Analyst
Job Description: The Senior Cyber Systems Analyst supports the JS J6 DDC5I Command, Control, Communications, and Computers (C4) Assessment Division (C4AD) Assessments Branch (ASB) and provides subject matter expertise to assigned project assessments. Specifically, they:
- Provide advanced analytical and technical support to C4/Cyber system assessment or integration projects.Research, identify, and make recommendations about resources required for C4/Cyber task execution and completion.Gather, process, and analyze system and operational utilization data.Assist with the testing and evaluation of new systems or updates to existing systems to meet client cyber needs.Identify and recommend emergent cyber relevant technologies that may result in improvements to current processes.Draft and update project documentation, including cyber laboratory set-up, system procedures, assessment plans, reports, presentations, and training materials.Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced analysts.Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies and subject areas.Participate in special projects as required.Travel as necessary in support of assigned projects.
- TS/SCI Security ClearanceMust possess the following experience/skills/knowledge:
- Experience/familiarity with cyber policy development, cyber concepts of operation, cyber situational awareness/monitoring systems, and/or cyber defense/protection operations. Demonstrated ability to assess system and network vulnerabilities; employ computer forensics to determine the extent and impact of intrusion; assess compliance with cyber security measures and cyber doctrine; and conduct risk analysis and penetration testing for systems and applications.Experience conducting both classified and unclassified automated computer system assessments, to include experience with scientific methodology for experimentation and documentation is desirable. Demonstrated experience in using Analysis tools to assess C4/Cyber systems and Blue/Red teams.Excellent communications and analytical skills; working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs (MS Office suite).
- Security+; in accordance with DODD 8570.01, registered at Defense Management Data Center (DMDC) with an Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II CertificationOne Operating System Certification (e.g., Microsoft, Linux)One Network Certification (e.g., Juniper, Cisco, Foundry, BIGIP)
- Service Weapons School certification with focus on cyberspace operations or civilian equivalent (e.g. SANS Institute certifications), or certifications from a joint or service cyberspace course. (Examples: Joint Network Attack Course or Joint Cyberspace Analysis Course, or service cyberspace operations planning course)Understanding of Joint and Interagency cyberspace operations, including but not limited to the strategy, policy, and doctrine associated with the planning and execution of cyberspace threat and targeting.Previous exposure to one or more training exercises wherein cyberspace operations were included.Familiarity with applicable Joint and Service doctrine associated with cyberspace operations.Experience in military cyber operations, specifically focused on the integration of offensive and defensive cyberspace operations in support of military operations and operational plans (OPLANS), including their relation to information operations (IO).Knowledgeable in integrating cyberspace operations capabilities in support of training exercises, to include training students.