Web Services Engineer
7 days left
- Full Time
The Web Services Engineer researches, designs, and implements enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software solutions.
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.Sets up administrator and service accounts.Maintains system documentation.Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.May program in an administrative language.Develops and implements testing strategies and documents results.Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.Participates in special projects as required.
- Fully deploy and configure Microsoft SharePoint in a secure environment utilizing DISA STIG (Security Technical Implementation Guidelines) for all applicable applications (IIS, ASP.Net, SharePoint, Microsoft SQL).Provide end-user support of SharePoint Portal to include troubleshooting of issues, creation and modification of sites, routine portal maintenance.Fully deploy and configure Microsoft SQL in a secure environment utilizing DISA STIG (Security Technical Implementation Guidelines).Assist members of Engineering Team in installation, maintenance, and the troubleshooting of various applications that leverage SQL database services.Assist with the deployment of system updates and patches utilizing Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Microsoft System Center Updates Publisher (SCUP), and Windows Software Update Services (WSUS).Conduct daily system maintenance activities including log reviews and connectivity checks to maintain the infrastructure in a project-ready state.
- Experience deploying and maintaining a Windows based Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) implementation in a DoD environment. Including generation of certificate requests, installing issued certificates, implementing and supporting PKI based web and database servers.Experience administering DISA Host Based Security System (HBSS).Experience in web development using Visual Basic or Visual C# and Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.5-8 years of related systems engineering experience.Work Location: Joint Staff J6 C4 Assessments Division, Suffolk, VA.
- Must have an active Top Secret security clearance based on Single Scope Background.Must be a U.S. citizen.Certified DOD 8570.1-M IAT Level 2 or Level 3.