Public Affairs Specialist
Come be a part of one of the largest digital information facilities in the world!
Established by Congress in 1861, GPO is transforming itself as an agency and as a business. We provide other agencies with innovative services for the printing, publishing, storage, and distribution of digital content. The public will enjoy permanent access to digital government information, acquiring it quickly, easily, and with confidence in its authenticity. GPO employees are proud of their abilities and passionate about their craft. Whether your expertise is in putting ink on paper, commanding a digital output system, or engineering the delivery of information online, we'd like to talk to you.
This position is located in the Chief of Staff, Office of Public Relations; Washington, DC
Selectee will work shift 1 and have a tour of duty of 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
This position is located in the Public Relations Office, a staff office to the Director, Government Publishing Office. The incumbent coordinates and performs a wide variety of duties designed to support the Public Relations functions, under the direction of the Chief Public Relations Officer. Critical responsibilities will include developing/managing social media campaigns to promote the agency and writing press releases and videos in simple language to enhance GPO's public image.
- Not Required
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Selectees must pass a drug test prior to appointment.
- Selectees must pass a background check prior to appointment.
- Relocation expenses are not authorized.
- Males born after 12/03/59 must be registered for Selective Service
- Applicants must submit school transcript(s)- offical or unofficial
- Selectee may be subject to complete a 1 year probationary peiod
To qualify for this position, you must meet the following requirements:
To minimally qualify for the PG-11 level, you must have one year of specialized experience at the PG-09 (or equivalent) level that is directly related to the line of work of this position.
A. Applicant must possess one year of specialized experience at the PG-09 (or equivalent) level or higher which is directly related to the line of work of this position. Specialized experience includes performing work that involved the following:
* Writing and editing a variety of professional internal and external media products for a Congressional office, Federal agency, organization or company. These included: news releases, scripts, talking points, feature articles, briefings, testimony, exhibits, and brochures, fact sheets that integrate an organization or Agency's themes and messaging; AND
* Developing, researching social media content and managing social media platforms as an official representative of a Congressional office, Federal agency, organization or company. Platforms included Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn and other social media platforms.
B. Applicant must have a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree; OR 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree (or equivalent) degree in a field related to this position; OR LL.M., if related.
C. Applicant must possess a combination of experience and education that equals at least 100% of the total requirement.
TIME-IN-GRADE REQUIREMENTS: Merit Promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible.
One year of experience at the PG-09 level or equivalent grade level of federal service is required to qualify for the PG-11 level.
All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date Tuesday, June 20, 2017 of this announcement to be considered.