DIRECTOR OF PLANNING SERVICES
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Planning, Engineering, Education, Public Administration, Business Administration or related field preferred. Candidates may present equivalent experience
- Professional experience in K-12 student enrollment projections, attendance zone boundary change processes, capital planning, land acquisition and accessing site suitability for public school projects and the land development process
- Professional experience in planning related theory and technology (e.g. GIS)
- Working knowledge of construction and land development
- At least five years’ supervisory experience preferred
- At least ten years’ professional work experience preferred
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, as well as speaking and presentation skills
The Director of Planning Services serves in a leadership and supervisory role for matters related to planning and growth of the school division. The Director provides leadership for developing and implementing methods and processes for estimating student growth, student program tracking, demographics, land acquisition, Capital Improvement Program and administrative space utilization throughout the division. The incumbent will direct, coordinate, supervise, facilitate or perform all tasks and elements needed to integrate appropriate planning and historical documentation as well as manage all related implementation technology. The Director will recommend and manage the attendance zone boundary change process through interaction with the public, administration and the School Board.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cultivate and manage a high-performing, growth-oriented team in support of all planning and development activities to help meet division goals; create, support, and participate in cross-functional teams for needs assessment, decision-making, instructional support, professional learning and other aspects of the division planning program
- Collaboratively lead initiatives to adopt and implement program delivery strategies for student growth, regional development growth and capital facility planning including considerations and recommendations for instructional programs, special permissions, Charter schools and attendance choices
- Manage the budget and serve as a strong business leader who guides purchasing decisions for the planning division and land acquisition. Assesses the return on investment strategically reallocates resources as appropriate, and fosters good relationships with vendors, potential funders, and other key groups
- Manage the creation, implementation, and enforcement of policies relating to planning, zoning, capital expansion, enrollment, and school boundaries.
- Manage and implement the expansion of technologies for planning, enrollment and boundaries including GIS, CADD, BIM and other related school planning software.
- Serve as a liaison to the County of Loudoun and represents the School Division’s adopted positions regarding development applications and other related planning efforts.
- Perform related work as required and all other duties as directed by the Assistant Superintendent for Support Services
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIP: The Director of Planning Services reports to the Assistant Superintendent for Support Services and serves as a member of the Senior Staff.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This employee would operate in a professional office environment and maintain a work schedule to meet the demands of executive management. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners and filing cabinets. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or bend and may be required to lift up to approximately 25 pounds.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A LETTER OF INTEREST AND UPDATED RESUME FOR EACH POSITION IN WHICH INTEREST IS EXPRESSED. THE LETTER OF INTEREST MUST INCLUDE THE JOB NUMBER AND PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PID).
THIS POSTING WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED.
Department of Human Resources and Talent DevelopmentSALARY:
Administrative Position, Level 6 Salary Range: Refer to 12 Month Position (Prorated), 8 hours per dayDAYS: FROM - TO -