Training and Development Consultant
Training and Development Consultant
Office of Human Resources
Exempt, Regular, Full-Time, Pay Grade 2.2
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Training and Development Consultant in the Office of Human Resources.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Interact with management to assess learning and development priorities based upon University strategies and goals.
- Conduct training needs assessments and develop subsequent training solutions.
- Uses knowledge of adult learning and instructional design to build training programs.
- Design, develop, plan and deliver leadership and professional development and training initiatives and programs.
- Develop appropriate training using traditional or alternative methods, techniques, and formats including Instructor-led Training (ILT), Self-Paced and Web-based Training (WBT), and blended learning solutions.
- Facilitate instructor-led and WebEx training, tools and processes.
- Coordinate learning and training solutions administrative process, logistics and materials.
- Evaluate learning solutions to ensure effectiveness and alignment with department and organizational goals.
- Collaborate with supervisors and makes recommendations on employee development and training needs.
- Coach and reinforce front-line employees and management in applying skills learned in training.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in HR, Training and Development, or required in related field from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Training certifications such as DDI, Personalysis, conflict resolution, etc. desired.
- Three (3) to five (5) years' work experience in employee training and development, training and curriculum development including blended learning methods and leadership/management development.
- Knowledge of adult learning theory and instructional design systems
- Knowledge and experience developing traditional, online and blended learning methods
- Knowledge of a variety of training and development theories and best practices in the areas such as soft skills, communications skills, leadership, coaching, employee development and career development.
- Ability to use technology such as Microsoft products to develop creative training and development solutions.
- Ability to work effectively with staff and supervisors, identifying issues and alternatives, helping implement solutions.
- High competence in platform delivery skills.
- Ability to organize and perform work activities independently and to handle multiple assignments within specific time constraints.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to explain abstract concepts to people from diverse backgrounds and organizational levels.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning in a related field of study a plus.
- Five (5) or more years' work experience in employee training and development including blended learning methods and leadership/management development.
- Certificates in ATD, AMA or training and development related studies desired.
- Some experience designing and producing online training with learning tools such as Captivate, Articulate, Camtasia or other online applications.
- Knowledge of Organizational Development theories and practices a plus.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you are required to create an account prior to completing your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to check on the status of your application or to apply to additional jobs.