Market Development & Partnership Principal
- Full Time
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
No. Vacancies: 1.00
Department: 17600.Business Development
Location: McLean, VA
Travel %: Less than 40%
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 5 years of experience required
Equivalency: Equivalent combination of education & experience considered
Does this position have direct reports: No
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers to fill this role and continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
The successful candidate will be responsible developing and managing relationships between the organization and potential partners/acquisition targets by establishing and cultivating relationships with key individuals at target companies. You will also assess/develop and execute on long term partnership opportunities that will expand Intelsat product or services capabilities for long term growth. Define the business opportunities with each potential partner, develop a plan to penetrate the partner company, engage with the partner during the life cycle of the opportunity, and evaluate the financial benefit.
You must have the following knowledge, skills and abilities to be considered for the role:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or a Technical Discipline (an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered)
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant experience including experience in a Business Development, regional/global Sales or Solutions Development role, including at least three (3) years' experience in new media and OTT solutions within the Communications industry.
- Understanding of Satellite industry and familiarity with service provider's eco-system and hardware platforms.
- Knowledge of developing market trends, satellites alignment/impact in the market and regulatory treatment of spectrum strongly preferred.
- Experience in project and program management and the ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including advanced proficiency in MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Available and willing to travel up to 40% to meet business needs and requirements.
- Demonstrated finance and business acumen with experience writing effective business cases.
- Strong analytical skills, proven challenge identification and resolution skills, effective organizational and planning skills.
- Effective English language written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communication, influence, and negotiate at all levels of an organization.
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are considered preferable:
- Exposure to the satellite industry strongly preferred and would be helpful.
- Responsible for creating, developing and managing the relationship between the organization and potential partners/acquisition candidates by establishing and cultivating relationships with key individuals at target companies.
- Identifies and/or develops new opportunities across new media and the OTT market using an analytical and creative approach. These may take the form of partnerships, acquisitions, joint marketing agreements, sale/leaseback of assets, and development of key orbital assets.
- Serves as project lead and project sponsor for cross-functional teams in the identification and execution of strategic transactions. This oversight includes both internal and external (banks, accounting firms, Legal) constituencies.
- Identifies opportunities for business expansion, and develops and manages relationships in strategic markets and accounts that further business development activity.
- Identifies and pursues new strategic relationships for the organization.
- Works with marketing, sales and technology groups to implement business development strategy into specific initiatives.
- Analyzes market data to identify opportunities and create ‘out-of-the-box' growth initiatives.
- Work closely with Sales to understand capacity and demand challenges in region and look for solutions.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.