Lectureship in Interior Design
The Department of Interior Design at Marymount University invites applications for a part-time lecturer position for the 2017-18 academic year.
The positions carriy a 2/2 teaching load and an annual salary. Lecturers are expected to be engaged members of the university community and to contribute to the department. Duties may include assisting in the development, revision and implementation of interior design courses,
assisting with department events, or other duties as requested by the department chair.
- Master’s degree with 18 graduate credits in Interior Design or a closely related area
- Portfolio of teaching or professional work
- Knowledge of current Interior Design practices
- NCIDQ/NCARB certification or eligibility
- Professional and NCIDQ certification (or similar) desirable;
- Prior teaching experience; and
- Technical literacy in industry standard design software, such as Adobe Creative
Cloud,SketchUp, AutoCAD, and Revit.
Special Notes to Applicants
Please complete the online application and attach a cover letter, a current CV, your teaching philosophy, a list of three references, a portfolio of student and professional work, and your unofficial graduate transcripts.
Application materials must be received by 07/31/2017
Open Until Filled No
Marymount is a comprehensive Catholic university that emphasizes the liberal arts, career preparation, and personal and professional development. A diverse and welcoming learning community, Marymount serves nearly 4,000 undergraduate and graduate students. The universityâ€™s location in suburban Arlington, Virginia, offers easy access to the rich resources of the nationâ€™s capital. Marymount University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.