Education and Learning Manager
SmithBucklin, a 100 percent employee-owned association management company, is looking for an experienced Education and Learning Manager to join the Education and Learning Services (ELS) team in either Washington D.C. or Chicago. The ELS unit plays a critical role in client growth by developing education programs in collaboration with volunteer subject matter experts. Client association members, now more than ever, expect a return on their investment in professional associations - this return is directly linked to providing the type and quality of educational programs and learning delivery options that meet their needs.
PLEASE NOTE: This role can sit in either our Chicago or Washington D.C. office.
What You Will Do
- Manage the overall strategic development, maintenance and growth of general professional education and/or certification programs, in a manner that complements the client's strategic goals
- Manage the development of education and/or certification plans and proposals that anticipate and/or meet a client need, to include webinars, podcasts, on-demand eLearning, conferences, regional events, learning management systems, etc.
- Develop client budgets and monitor financials (monitoring revenue/expense performance, staff time and fees)
- Manage volunteer education/content committees
- Support the execution of individual and direct reports, which includes developing and maintaining good customer relationships, building credibility and trust while maintaining positive working relationships with clients and client teams
- Manage staff to maximize productivity while delivering high quality educational products and ensuring effective turnaround of educational projects
- Provide direction on staff orientation and development; appraise and evaluate individual performance for direct reports
This Role Might Be for You If…
- You have a passion for developing, implementing and evaluating continued professional education programs
- You are a team player that enjoys sharing your knowledge as a way to develop peers and junior staff
- You thrive in a fast-paced, multi-client environment
- You have demonstrated project management skills (corporate and/or nonprofit program-based)
- You exhibit the ability to assess program effectiveness and ROI; align to clients' strategic goals; adapt to changing processes and procedures and build business cases for expanding education programs
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have a strong proficiency in time management (multiple concurrent tasks) and a high level of detail orientation
- You have the ability to travel up to 20% to attend educational events and client meetings
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year institution
- A minimum of five years of related professional experience, to include education and/or certification program development and execution, direct people management and budget management experience
- Association, association management or corporate environment-related project management experience is highly preferred
- Instructional design/delivery, development of certification programs, support and/or development of learning management systems and administration of a CE program is preferred
- eLearning design and creation experience (Articulate Storyline preferred) is highly preferred
- Knowledge of certification/testing industry standards, testing vendor community is highly preferred
- Knowledge of eLearning tools - Camtasia, Citrix Go to Webinar, Oracle LMS is preferred
- Proficiency with basic computer programming, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Where Do You Fit?
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a mid- or senior-level professional, working at SmithBucklin will offer you countless opportunities to develop transferrable skills, acquire meaningful knowledge and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, ambitious, multi-talented, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build meaningful, deep and enduring relationships that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. In addition, as a 100 percent employee-owned company, SmithBucklin offers all of our people - regardless of position or compensation - an equal chance to experience the fulfillment and reap the benefits of ownership. As owners, our employees control the destiny of SmithBucklin and are unified in the goal of building a great, enduring company.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At SmithBucklin Corporation, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation based on position.