Commercial Lending Portfolio Manager
National Cooperative Bank (NCB) is seeking a Commercial Lending Portfolio Manager for its Crystal City, VA office.
The purpose of this position is to support the portfolio management, relationship management and business development activities of the Bank’s commercial lending activities in the East Coast and Central U.S. grocery portfolios
1. Portfolio and Relationship Management (70%)
· Serve as a primary or secondary point of contact for borrowers, as assigned by the BDOs;
· Cross-sell NCB products to existing relationships
· Review and assess annual credit reviews prepared by the Credit Underwriting Group;
· Prepare Watch List memos on RR6 relationships;
· Address borrower requests for structure changes by either making specific recommendations for Credit Committee approval or seeking a transfer of the relationship to Risk Management;
· Prepare covenant waiver and downgrade memos;
· Perform site visits as needed;
· Work collaboratively with the Loan Administration and Loan Closing Teams to resolve exceptions cited in Loan Review examinations;
2. Manage Deal Flow / Business Development (25%)
Manage existing or new borrower requests from prospect to closing which includes the following:
· Prepare triage memo and/or present deals at the Bank’s triage meetings per the BDO’s request;
· Prepare loan proposals and commitment letters as needed;
· Work closely with the Underwriting Team in preparing the CAM;
· Monitor the loan closing and documentation process including review of loan documents and maintain open communication with closing attorney.
3. Special Projects/Other (5%)
Stay abreast of industry trends and issues; attend industry trade shows and seminars; and participate in bank focus groups to facilitate the improvement in specific processes relative to the Corporate Team.
Bachelor of Science Degree; preferrably in a business related field (MBA a plus);
8 years of commercial/corporate credit experience, loan review, or portfolio management experience.
Knowledge of credit administration
Knowledge of the business development process
Experience dealing with customers
Formal Credit Training
Strong writing and verbal communication skills
Attention to detail