Bilingual Executive Assistant
The Bilingual Executive Assistant works with the President/CEO to ensure high productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness of the Office of the President. This includes organizing schedules and event logistics, facilitating communications, administering routine financial transactions, and supporting operations of the Executive Team (which reports to the President/CEO) with a can-do attitude and professional demeanor.
Areas of responsibility include: providing timely and high quality administrative support to the Office of the President; maintaining and coordinating the President’s calendar, fund raising and travel arrangements; serving as the administrative point of contact for Latin American NatureServe Network members; organizing meetings, conferences, retreats and their supporting materials; and coordinating communications flow from the Office of the President in an effective and professional manner. This position requires coordination with NatureServe staff at all levels as well as donors, Board members, key government and conservation leaders, outside partners and their support staff. The essential job functions listed below are not meant to be all-inclusive and may be subject to change.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Provide timely and professional administrative support to the Office of the President. Duties include photocopying, scanning, ordering supplies and serving as the first point of contact for incoming calls.
2. Manage calendar for the President/CEO, including scheduling internal and external meetings, fund raising, webinars, and making travel arrangements.
3. Schedule, prepare agendas, and record minutes of the Executive Team and Board of Directors meetings and assist with maintenance of official organizational records.
4. Support active communication with Latin American member organizations, facilitate staff-member and member-member interactions and knowledge-transfer, and support the Latin American Council and Board representatives.
5. Support fundraising, marketing, and communications efforts as needed, including administrative assistance.
6. Provide outstanding service to funders, donors, clients, partners, and other external audiences as a reliable, dependable, and professional point of contact for the President/CEO and organization overall.
7. Provide coordination for international events, and facilitate Latin American Network members’ participation in NatureServe events.
8. Coordinate activities to support implementation of theLatin America and the Caribbean and organization-wide strategies and goals. This would include surveys on network capacity and training needs in NatureServe methods.
9. Provide logistics support for off-site events including: venue selection, negotiation and communication; handling routine inquiries from participants; and managing participant registrations.
10. Organize fact sheets, presentations and other documents that are necessary for the President’s internal and external meetings.
11. Assist with on-site logistics for conferences including staffing the registration desk, serving as liaison with venue staff, and coordinating session presenters.
12. Prepare accounting forms for the Office of the President such as purchase orders, check requests, and travel expense reports as needed.
13. Assist other departments, help coordinate other events, and perform other duties as required.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
* Minimum of five years of administrative experience and demonstrated success in a professional office setting.
* Fully bilingual in English and Spanish with strong written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to solve problems and set priorities among multiple tasks and projects.
* Proven ability to communicate courteously and effectively with a variety of people including staff, Board members, network members and leaders in both the private and public sector.
* Ability to draft documents, written clearly and professionally.
* Highly proficient in the use of all components of the Microsoft Office suite.
* Ability to follow-through and produce tangible results on multiple deadlines.
* Ability to handle and maintain sensitive/confidential information with tact and discretion.
1. Positive, can-do attitude. Grace under pressure.
2. Reliable, efficient, and detail oriented, with strong multi-tasking competency.
3. Proactive, results oriented, takes initiative.
4. Customer service oriented.
5. Demonstrated organization and planning expertise.
6. Editing and proofreading.
7. Professional demeanor and appearance, suitable for representing the Office of the President.
8. Excellent team player with superior communication, interpersonal relationship and listening skills.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
* Associate or Bachelor’s college degree.
* Experience working with Latin American and U.S. cultures.
* At least two years of experience organizing and hosting conferences. Drafting and posting online content related to events.
* Experience handling credit card transactions.
* Experience managing content in Microsoft SharePoint.
* Experience working in a constituent relationship management (CRM) system.
* Working knowledge of biology, ecology, or a related field.
* Commitment to the conservation mission and goals of NatureServe.
Essential Physical Requirements:
* Ability to remain in a stationary position at least 50% of the time.
* Ability to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, copiers and storage rooms.
* Ability to travel independently both domestically and internationally to support NatureServe conferences and training events.
* Requires frequent verbal and written communications.
* Ability to hear well and speak clearly to engage effectively with NatureServe partners, clients, Board members, network members and remote staff.
* Ability to lift and carry office supply deliveries, audio/visual equipment, conference and meeting materials up to 25 lbs.
* Requires ability to visually or otherwise identify, observe or assess.
How to Apply:
Click on the link below to complete NatureServe’s online application.
NatureServe is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability