Administrative Assistant I/Receptionist
REQUISITION NUMBER: 1129
JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant I/Receptionist
SALARY: Up to $39,600 (Commensurate w/experience)
Grade (4); Full-time; Non-exempt
TEAM: Finance and Operations
SUPERVISOR: Facilities Manager
LOCATION: Alexandria, VA
- Responsible for answering incoming calls and directing calls or messages to appropriate persons or voice mailboxes.
- Responsible for maintaining staff phone listing and relevant points of contact for IACP efforts underway.
- Manage the reception area; admits entry to authorized staff and greets visitors.
- Manage the scheduling of conference rooms for staff.
- Provide administrative and general office support functions which can be performed at the front desk for other IACP Teams upon approval of the Payroll Systems Administrator.
- Responsible for maintaining parking records and issuing garage transponders to staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Minimum three years’ experience operating front desk telephones and performing administrative office duties.
- Requires strong written, verbal, and organizational skills with a keen eye for details, working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Outlook/Word), and basic office equipment.
- Must have multi-tasking skills, be reliable, and have ability to maintain professional manner and appearance.
- Excellent customer service skills; requires ability to greet guests and callers with a pleasant and professional demeanor.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player.
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and salary history. Note: all documents should be submitted as one document.
All cover letters must contain the name of the position being applied for as well as the requisition number. Please note that applications received without all the requested information will not be forwarded for review.
All applications must be received by JUNE 20, 2017.