The marketing coordinator is responsible for managing product marketing efforts and creative implementation for select AOPA products, as well as managing programs and relationships with internal groups, corporate partners, outside vendors, and agencies. Duties include planning, production, marketing, communications, budget development, and analysis reporting. The coordinator will be acting project manager for multiple initiatives, ensuring the success of both internal and partner marketing efforts.
Product marketing management; Partner relationship management, marketing budget development and management, marketing scheduling and coordination, revenue and expense responsibility, member communication and ongoing program maintenance. Oversee project execution, facilitating the proper flow of communication throughout the team and with Internal Partners.
Content management: process, organize, and track content for internal publications, from internal and external contributors. Manage contributor relationships.
AOPA partner and marketing agency communication: Establish and maintain relationships with key partners. Manage daily activities of all programs including coordination and follow-up with partners in tasks such as regularly scheduled marketing activities, research and correspondence. Thorough understanding of Internal Partners’ business, products and services, as well as their marketing and program objectives will be necessary, as well as the ability to leverage that knowledge to speak effectively and accurately with Internal Partners. Manage internal agency relationships as well as production, direct mail and inventory relationships.
Advertisement coordination: Includes advertisement scheduling, insertion order/media placement, schedule development and communication with internal staff and external publications.
Marketing analysis and financial reporting: Track and analyze marketing initiatives and the financial status of programs, and produce status reports on key initiatives. Develop, generate, and provide marketing analysis reports indicating initiative progress/response for direct mail, website, and publications. Provide recommendations to increase program effectiveness and ensure goals are met.
Development and maintenance of schedules and reporting: Includes marketing schedules and expenses, Information and Technology (I&T) database and web requests, and marketing agency requests.
Coordinate all internal reviews/revisions of creative projects. Expedite the smooth daily coordination and administration of all Internal Partner deliverables.
Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred with a concentration(s) in Marketing, Advertising or Communications or equivalent work experience
- Two to three years of experience in Agency Marketing
- Two to three years of experience successfully coordinating marketing communications programs and projects in an agency setting or within internal marketing teams or a brand
- Knowledge of all facets of marketing communications including: creative development, media, collateral and digital efforts
- Candidates must have strong communication and presentation skills; have digital experience; be able to effectively collaborate with internal partners, marketing and creative teams with digital media and marketing
- ability to understand and address complex marketing issues
- Strong initiative, project management, marketing, and program administration skills
- Organized, detail-oriented, committed to high-quality standards; with the ability to effectively multi-task across projects and products
- Proficiency with PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Experience with marketing automation systems, association management systems, and Google Analytics beneficial but not required