SCHOOL NUTRITION SPECIALIST
- Degree in nutrition, dietetics or nutrition education is required for specialized duties of this position
- Thorough knowledge of principles and practices of nutrition and wellness
- Ability to supervise a school nutrition operation and to train school nutrition staff; to supervise varied school nutrition work including food preparation, serving, clean up, and cashiering; to communicate effectively; to work cooperatively with others
- Current knowledge of nutrition principals that are translated into nutrition education materials for students, staff, faculty, parents and community
- Bilingual in Spanish desirable
- Registered Dietician or RD eligible preferred
- Must have current Sanitation Certification
- SNS credentialed or Level 3 certificate within one year of hire
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch or bend and may be required to lift up to approximately 40 pounds. May be exposed to extreme temperatures. Ability to drive and navigate to multiple locations within a single day as needed is required.JOB DESCRIPTION:
This is leadership role in school nutrition involving the supervision of school nutrition personnel preparing and serving meals to students in a school cafeteria. Specialization is in nutrition education delivery to students and staff. An employee in this class may be assigned primarily to train school nutrition workers, or install cafeteria services in schools. Experienced workers in these classes initiate their own daily assignments, follow through on matters, and use independent judgment and training to take appropriate actions to deal with standard recurring situations.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts accountability reviews, individual and group training activities, and purchasing procedures.
- Monitors school nutrition staff to assure compliance with regulations.
- Coordinates program promotional activities, provides technical assistance.
- Plans and conducts nutrition education programs for students
- Plans and develops content for school nutrition website.
- Works with curriculum leaders to provide nutrition education resources.
- Compile nutrition education material for promotion.
- Review and recommend for purchase training and nutrition education materials from outside sources.
- Conducts training for manager training classes
- Reviews and analyzes school reports and record keeping.
- Standardizes recipes using HACCP procedures.
- Substitutes for absent managers.
- Represents department at various local, state and national professional events.
- May attend school or community functions to promote school nutrition programs.
- Performs related work as required.
JOBS CLOSE AT 12:00 PM ON THE CLOSING DATE.APPLY TO:
Department of Human Resources and Talent DevelopmentSALARY:
Classified Position, Level 14
Salary Range: Refer to
12 Month Position, 8 hours per dayDAYS: FROM - TO -