Marketing & Business Development Coordinator - Corporate Practice
The Marketing & Business Development Coordinator supports a variety of business development and marketing activities and works with department management and practice group stakeholders to ensure that the Corporate Practice Group initiatives are aligned and coordinated with the overall firm strategy. This role will report to the Marketing & Business Development Manager and will support the Global Corporate Practice Group, which generates over one third of firm-wide revenue.
- Creating and editing responses to RFPs, customized pitches, and business development presentations (both in hard copy, Word, PowerPoint, and InDesign).· Collecting and organizing representative matters, client, and industry lists for use in marketing materials and standardized credentials.
- Coordinating and developing submissions for key directories, including Chambers and Legal 500.
- Assisting with tracking, reporting, and organizing deals to report to various agencies.
- Assisting in the production, editing and mailing of client updates and other client communications.
- Coordinating the regular update of web and print marketing content, including practice area descriptions, attorney biographies, and related news items.
- Conducting research and compiling information regarding existing and prospective clients, competitor activity, and industry or market trends to aid in the development of marketing plans, presentations, and proposals.
- Coordinating client programs and sponsorships, including budgeting and tracking associated costs; creating and mailing invitations; Overseeing internal / external advertising; Developing PowerPoint presentations, seminar materials, and handouts; Working or attending the event; Measuring return on investment; and Ensuring participant follow-up.
- Working with the public relations team on the announcement of new laterals and partner / counsel promotions and newsworthy initiatives, such as major public matters and awards.
- Fostering and participating in the development and implementation of strategic plans and budgets.
- Providing support to practice group leaders on other strategic business development and promotional initiatives as needed.
- All members of the firm are expected to participate in our Global Citizenship program.
- And other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years marketing experience in a professional services, corporate or agency environment preferred.
- BS or BA degree in business (general), marketing, communications, or related field is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects with minimal supervision.
- Experience working independently as well as within cross-functional teams in a collaborative, professional environment.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, proofing documents and quality control.
- An ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Enthusiasm and dedication to the development of a professional services marketing career.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, iPublish) and experience in Interaction or other CRM programs highly desirable.
- Sound professional judgment.
Core hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., including lunch hour, with flexibility to work overtime as needed.
This job description sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position and may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Hogan Lovells is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by law.