The American Academy of Actuaries, a 19,000-member professional organization, is seeking a candidate for its front desk Receptionist position. The Receptionist, under general supervision, operates a multi-line telephone console, gives routine information to the public; greets the public; performs routine clerical work such as typing, data entry and mail processing, and perform related work as required. Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite and database skills are required for this position.
Essential functions of this key position include:
- Receiving calls and providing information to callers, screens and routes calls to appropriate destination.
- Greets visitors, staff, and others in a professional and courteous manner. Ascertains nature of business and directs visitors or callers to appropriate department or person.
- Maintains the reception area and mailroom to insure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image.
- Provides backup clerical/admin. support to staff whenever needed—word processing and editing; database and spreadsheet entries; internet searches; mailings; sorting and collating materials for internal and external distribution.
- Responsible for updating internal employee phone listings and daily attendance list; and front desk procedures manual.
- Sign for and route all deliveries. Sort and distribute incoming mail, facsimiles and newspapers.
- Office security – ensure that the office suite doors are locked at all times. Require all visitors to identify themselves via the front door intercom system.
- On a daily basis, keep main kitchen and small pantry stocked with coffee and kitchen supplies.
- Basic knowledge of the operation of a multi-line telephone console.
- Use of proper English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation; telephone etiquette.
- Excellent customer service skills. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Present a cheerful, positive manner with callers, visitors and staff.
- Professional appearance and manner.
- Excellent proven attendance and punctuality record.
- Working knowledge of mail processes, such as postage machine, copiers and facsimile machines.
- Ability to follow office practices and procedures.
- Computer literate; minimum typing speed of 40wpm.
- Understanding in carrying out verbal and written directions.
- Ability to work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Attention to detail.
College degree preferred or some college coursework. A minimum of two to three years receptionist experience operating a telephone switchboard and performing general clerical duties. Membership association background preferred.
Candidates are required to submit the following to be considered for this position: Cover letter with resume and salary requirements. The Academy offers a professional and challenging work environment, competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, near Metro. Send to HR Manager, American Academy of Actuaries via Email at HR@actuary.org. View the Academy’s website at www.actuary.org.
Apply for RECEPTIONIST
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly