Retail Property Manager - The Wharf
The Retail Property Manager (Manager) at The Wharf (the “Project”) will provide overall retail property management support to the Retail Owner and Asset Manager, with direct responsibility for proactive tenant relations, preparing monthly and quarterly financial reports, rent collection, monitoring retail tenant lease compliance and coordinating on-site retail operations.
This Manager will serve as the representative of the Retail Component of the Project in coordinating and communicating with the Vertical and Horizontal Operating Managers (including but not limited to office, residential, hospitality, marina) and Asset Management to ensure this iconic property operates efficiently and provides best in class service to its tenants, visitors and community, and ultimately achieving the Ownership's vision and investment objectives.
- Develops and manages the Retail Budget.
- Timely collection of rents, manage and complete account reconciliations and tenant follow up; ensures Tenant is compliant with all lease requirements and implements the SOP or Ownership prescribed consequences when necessary.
- Provides timely and well written monthly and quarterly financial reports with an acute attention to detail.
- Responsible for collecting sales reports monthly.
- Ensure lease compliance of retail tenants.
- Closely monitors charge backs from Association and Vertical Property Managers.
- Working through Vertical Property Managers, vendors, Garage Manager and The Association maintains and implements strict performance to the property's customized Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) including walking the property daily, conducting a Property Inspection Report (monthly) and Property Audit Report (quarterly).
- Maintains organized electronic and hard copy records in accordance with SOP and Madison Marquette's data retention policy.
- Working through Vertical Property Managers, vendors, Garage Manager and The Association, ensures cleanliness and safety throughout the retail property including vacant spaces.
- Manages the on-site tenant improvement activities. Engages, monitors and coordinates contract services activities as required, including contract management, performance, payables, etc.
- Recommends and coordinates, once approved, on-site maintenance repairs
- Responds promptly in person to emergency situations.
- Works extended hours, including nights and weekends, as needed to support the Retail functionality of the project Recommends and implements capital improvement campaigns in collaboration with Madison Marquette construction and development professionals.
- Monitors tenant sales and works to increase tenant sales actively.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Maintains strict confidentiality and professional relationships.
The above listing represents the general duties considered essential functions of the job and is not to be considered a detailed description of requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Key Organizational Relationships:
- Functional reporting is to the Regional Manager; day to day reporting on the Project is to the Asset Manager.
- Interacts with leasing, marketing, accounting and maintenance / operations team members as well as senior project leadership and Asset Management.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Position requires a Bachelor's degree (B.A. /B.S) in Business Administration or a related discipline from an accredited college or a minimum of five to seven (5-7) years of Retail Property Management or Accounting experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Proficient in Real Estate accounting software such as MRI, Foresight, or Yardi (preferred)
- Accounting or related experience, consistent with GAAP
- Strong financial reporting experience
- Understanding of commercial Leases
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexible outlook toward task management
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting: 40%
- Standing: 30%
- Walking: 30%
- Lifting: up to 25lbs.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/hjd67pv9nn7frkw8