ASTRO, the American Society for Radiation Oncology, is looking for an individual with at least 2 years of administrative background to provide overall support to our Member Relations and Communications Division. Major responsibilities include providing member service for incoming calls; processing mail and packages; filing; maintaining and ordering office supplies; updating and maintaining records within the membership database and email distribution and mailing lists; drafting, editing and proofreading correspondence and documents; scheduling meetings and maintaining calendars; assisting with preparation of presentations and development and maintenance of spreadsheets; processing expense reports and handling logistics for travel and meetings.
Successful candidates will have:
- Minimum of two years’ previous office experience required in an association environment preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Superior organizational and customer service skills.
- Strong administrative skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines.
- Team player with quality interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Previous experience working with databases.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with exceptional grammatical skills.
- Flexibility and dependability.
- Knowledge of Content Management and Association Management Systems preferred.
ASTRO offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Flexible work arrangements.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, majority company paid.
- 401K with immediate company contribution.
- 23 days of Paid Time Off annually.
- 12 Paid Holidays.
- Employer subsidized commuter benefits.
- Employer paid short and long term disability insurance.
- and more
Please see our website www.astro.org for more information about ASTRO.
We are an equal/affirmative action employer.