Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) - TS/SCI - Alexandria, VA
Sr Subject Matter Expert / Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
Responsible for providing detailed technical and operational advice to customer, project team/subcontractors, and site leads on virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) operations planning, implementation and execution. Also assists with IT/VDI process development, execution, and auditing. Immediate team will consist of GDIT personnel and supporting subcontractors.
1. Serves as a top level technical or functional expert supporting implementation of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) at multiple Service Centers/locations.
2. Performs highly specialized technical tasks associated with cutting-edge technologies.
3. Works with user groups to solve business problems with available technology including hardware, software, databases, and peripherals.
4. Applies expert functional knowledge and experience to support technical staff and management to ensure VDI is integrated and coordinated with overall enterprise, to include Risk identification and mitigation
5. Advise, assist, and monitors sub-contractor activities and deliverables.
6. Provides guidance and training to less experienced staff.
7. May have supervisory responsibilities.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant developments in area of expertise.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
10. Use effective management and communications skills.
11. Detailed knowledge of relevant government regulations and standards.
1. Master's Degree in a related discipline.
2. 15-20 years of experience in area of expertise.
1. Expert level knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI).
2. Professional certification(s) in one or more specific applications or processes may be required, depending on job assignment.
3. Knowledge of United States Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation Systems (US BICES) desired.
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
Must be able to achieve Security+ CE Certification (or equivalent) within 90 days of hire for positions requiring elevated privileges.
ITIL V3 Foundation certification to be achieve within 6 months of hire. ITIL Practitioner or Expert level preferred.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.