Research Billing Coordinator, Clinical Research Operations Office (CROO) - Georgetown University Me
Research Billing Coordinator, Clinical Research Operations Office (CROO) - Georgetown University Medical Center
The mission of Georgetown University's Clinical Research Operations Office (CROO) is to provide services to Georgetown researchers, assisting with study start-up and administration; Patients and the general public, providing up-to-date information about ongoing clinical studies at Georgetown University Hospital Medical Center (GUMC); and Sponsors, helping them identify GU investigators for participation in their research.
The Research Billing Coordinator reviews the scheduling and billing system of MedStar Georgetown University Hospital (MGUH) on a daily basis, ensuring that patients' encounters are accurate and captured; creates the Excel workbooks and/or reviews the calendars in the Clinician Trials Management System (CTMS) to ensure accurate communication to the hospital; and works with the Medicare Coverage analyst to create a compliant billing calendar/workbooks in Excel or the CTMS. Reporting to the CROO's Administrative Director, the Research Billing Coordinator has duties than include but are not limited to:
- Creates workbooks in Excel or reviews workbook created in the Clinical Trials Management System.
- Participates in study team orientation to study budget as well as reconciliation and close out meetings.
- Identifies process issues that affect appropriate billing and invoicing for the MGUH and the GU.
Billing System Training
- Oversees the training of new study coordinators on the research-aspects of the CTMS billing system and follow up with ensuring what study coordinators have access and who no longer need access. As well as ongoing training and retraining of GU study staff
- Collaborates with Manager of research support services to ensure that all new hires are receiving the billing compliance training and have an understanding of the significance of compliance issues.
- Reaches out to the study team to ensure the encounter forms are being properly generated in the CTMS.
- Ensures that the study team is submitting those forms to the MGUH registration and scheduling staff.
- Reviews all research patients encounters and ensures proper financial encounter are being submitted to the hospital and reconciles data with the patient encounter in the system for this patient.
- Reviews the number of patients captured in the CTMS for each study and ensures that the CROO is receiving data and information on the patient encounters via MedStar system.
Prepares and submits compliance reports that detail patient enrollment, research encounter tickets, the numbers of Medicare patients enrolled in clinical trials, and then submits to CROO.
- Leads in collaborating with research department staff to prevent double billing, false claim issues in the back-end.
- Leads in collaborating MGUH billing office and Medicare team on research patients and any issues that must be corrected or adjusted in research billing.
- Bachelor's degree in health or compliance or related field
- 1 year research background and/or an understanding of medical terminology
- Proficiency with Excel workbook
- Experience in coding preferred
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.