Employer Services Coordinator
Employer Services Coordinator
Office of Institutional Advancement
Exempt, Regular, 100% Full-Time, Pay Grade 1.1
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks an Employer Services Coordinator in the Office of Institutional Advancement. Reporting to the Director, Employer Services, the Employer Services Coordinator will provide concierge recruitment services for employers and administrative support to the Employer Services team.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provide concierge recruitment services to an average of 20 employers annually which consists of UMUC student and alumni resumes aligned with employer hiring parameters for the purpose of connecting candidates from the UMUC student and alumni body to job opportunities.
- Support the day-to-day administrative operations of UMUC career portal, CareerQuest, including posting, reviewing and approving job listings and contacts on a daily basis.
- Provide customer service on a daily basis to resolve employer requests for support on CareerQuest including how to create an account, post job opportunities and how to query candidates.
- Identify an average of 15 leads per week for InternPLUS, Tier Two, and Tier Three employers; conduct outreach to these leads each week to drive employers to post positions on CareerQuest in collaboration with Director of Employer Services and Employer Relationship Manager.
- Follow up quarterly with Tier Two and Tier Three employers and candidates forwarded through concierge services via surveys and individual outreach to collect recruitment outcomes and feedback to incorporate into future candidate preparation and identification for concierge services.
- Frequently meet and consult with Career Advising Specialists to oversee a streamlined, scale-able talent tracking system that will connect students and alumni to open positions for career events and meeting employer needs, including monitoring resumes from resume review tools and adding them to CareerQuest.
- Support preparation and event day logistics of virtual and onsite employer recruiting events.
- Outreach via phone or meeting software to Tier Two and Tier Three employers not participating in concierge services on a quarterly basis to assess and reassess needs and successes.
- Assess and communicate employer-hiring needs from concierge services to internal staff to support continuous new candidate pipeline in the talent tracking system.
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of UMUC's academic programs, student and alumni demographic, and be able to articulate general elements to employers.
- 10-15 evening/weekend recruiting events and Institutional Advancement events where attendance is required.
- Driver's license and reliable transportation required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning, or equivalent experience.
- Comfort with high volume of cold calling and outreach.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, follow through, cultural sensitivity, ability to network in person, people skills, and problem solving.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM desirable.
- Zero to one (0-1) years of experience in Human Resources, recruiting, sales, customer service, or prior higher education career center/services experience preferred.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you are required to create an account prior to completing your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to check on the status of your application or to apply to additional jobs.