Senior Engineer III
Specific duties include, not limited to are as follows
- Supporting the development of the stormwater capital improvement plan by prioritizing and field scoping potential projects in support of program goals and the Virginia Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) permit and related Total Maximum Daily Loads (TMDLs) requirements.
- Developing, tracking, and maintaining project costs and schedules including the use of project management software tools.
- Securing all required permits and/or approvals from the county, state, and/or federal government.
- Preparing clear, concise and grammatically correct written correspondence within scheduled time frames.
- Coordinating with property owners, community representatives, partners and public officials.
- Assisting with bid evaluations responding to requests for information, and providing construction management support.
- Performing field visits for scoping, design development, or construction oversight which may require the use of GPS or survey equipment.
Any combination of education, training and experience equivalent to: graduation from a four-year college or university accredited by the Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technologies with a bachelor's degree in the appropriate engineering or architectural field; and, four years of progressively responsible professional experience in the appropriate engineering field.
Extensive knowledge and experience in the design and management of watershed restoration and stormwater capital improvement projects. Knowledge and experience in stream restoration projects including assessment, design, permitting and construction support services. Extensive knowledge of the Virginia Stormwater Management Program and Virginia Erosion and Sediment Control laws, regulations, and certifications as well as design standards and specifications of stormwater best management practices (BMPs). Experience with the review and administration of consultant contract for the above mentioned projects. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
Possession of a valid Virginia Professional Engineer or Architect license. An individual who possesses a valid Professional Engineer or Architect license in another state will be granted a temporary exemption to this requirement pending the Board for Architects, Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, Certified Interior Designers & Landscape Architects decision regarding that individual's application for reciprocity.
A valid driver's license is required.
With or without reasonable accommodation. Ability to carry up to 40 pounds of surveying equipment. Ability to traverse steep, rough, rocky, and/or slippery terrain. Physically and mentally able to use all applicable personal protective equipment in an outdoor environment; including hardhat, eye protection, hearing protection, safety footwear, long pants, sleeved shirt, and personal fall arrest harness.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background check and a driving record check to the satisfaction of the employer.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 711. EEO/AA/TTY.