Lead Process Control Engineer
LEAD PROCESS CONTROL ENGINEER
Technical Services Division
(Internal ID: 4310)
$88,297.50 - $147,290.56
Open Until Filled
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The Upper Occoquan Service Authority (UOSA) is a regional water reclamation plant serving four jurisdictions (Fairfax County, Prince William County, City of Manassas and City of Manassas Park).
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
UOSA is seeking a versatile individual to lead the Process Control Engineering team in building and maintaining our control system infrastructure. If you have expertise providing technical advice for the daily operation, maintenance, expansion, infrastructure design modification, research, and development programs for a dynamic team that takes pride in aiding UOSA in the continuous operation of its state-of-the-art water reclamation plant then UOSA has a need for you!
The Lead Process Control Engineer is responsible for coordinating and managing the work performed by UOSA and contracted engineers related to process control and automations systems. The incumbent will exercise general supervision over staff and provides functional leadership, work delegation and evaluates staff performance. Monitors staff work progress and project/program status and provides staff instruction. Also performs the functions of a Senior Process Control Engineer acting directly as a manager of technical programs, projects, and contracts of significant size and complexity. Works independently and is proved significant latitude in developing projects and programs. Work is performed under the general direction of the Deputy Executive Director for the Technical Services Division.
Comprehensive knowledge of modern professional process engineering principles and practices pertaining to complex chemical, microbiological, hydraulic, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and computer control, and environmental engineering technologies is required. Knowledge of ISA standards and experience with process and instrumentation drawings and specifications as they relate to plant process design. Experience with design, testing, and troubleshooting of industrial computing platforms including DCS, PLC, and SCADA systems is required. Experience with ABB Infi90, Modicon, Allen Bradley, Wonderware Intouch and Archestra is preferred. Knowledge of computer networking, database administration, and computer programming as these relate to industrial computing platforms is required. Experience with Ethernet switching, routing, sub-netting, domains, firewalls, copper and fiber-optic communications, VPNs, and terminal services is required. Demonstrated ability to analyze difficult technical problems, develop recommendations for their solution, implement solutions, and have a proved track record of successful problem resolution. Personnel supervision, staff mentoring, project management experience, and excellent written and verbal communication skills are a requirement.
- Possession of a BS degree in Electrical, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering with a MS degree in Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical, or Environmental Engineering.
- Possession of a Professional Engineering, Class I Wastewater, and Class I Water Treatment Operator license issued by the Commonwealth of Virginia are desired.
- A minimum of six years of progressively responsible process engineering experience in an engineering field.
- Job-related experience in managing technical engineering, science, or computer systems working groups and projects is desired; or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is acceptable.
- Possession of a vehicle operator’s license valid in the Commonwealth of Virginia is required.
- Must be able to meet physical requirements of position to include extensive walking, bending, stooping, climbing of stairs and ladders, lifting and/or carrying up to 50 pounds.
- Unplanned work outside normal hours of the week and overnight travel outside the local area may be required from time to time.
All employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening, physical exam, and background check paid for by UOSA.
In order to be fully considered for the position, all applicants must submit a complete an application via the UOSA website: www.uosa.org > Careers > Employment Opportunities > Candidate Profile or by using the link below to apply: https://secure3.entertimeonline.com/ta/6132450.jobs?rnd=WIO.
Apply for Lead Process Control Engineer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly