F/T field position in a municipal public works department supervising assigned crews of laborers and equipment operators engaged in trash, recycling, leaf, snow, compost and/or grounds-keeping work. This position is considered essential in an emergency and must report to work during any emergency affecting the City.
- General knowledge of facility maintenance activities including basic knowledge of plumbing, electrical, painting, HVAC and cleaning techniques including products and procedures for cleaning facilities;
- the ability to prepare work orders and work schedules, review the work of others, and prepare performance evaluations;
- Ability to effectively manage and implement changes in a functional operation;
- General knowledge of Microsoft applications(Word, Outlook, and Excel);
- Knowledge of public works performance measures and how to track performance inputs and outputs;
- a CDL with airbrake endorsement;
- a minimum of 3 years of related experience, plus an additional three years supervising a diverse team; and
- the ability to come to work and work long shifts during emergency situations.
Minimum hourly rate at hire: $22.75 DOQ plus excellent benefits package.
Qualified candidates should complete the online application at www.collegeparkmd.gov and attach a resume and cover letter by June 14, 2017.
We are an equal opportunity employer.