Director Corporate Partnerships
The U.S. Soccer Foundation’s programs are the national model for sports-based youth development in underserved communities. Since its founding in 1994, the Foundation has established programs proven to help children embrace an active and healthy lifestyle while nurturing their personal growth beyond sports. Its cost-effective, high-impact initiatives offer safe environments where kids and communities thrive. As the Foundation pursues an ambitious growth trajectory, it is adding a Director of Corporate Partnerships based at its headquarters in Washington, DC. This individual will identify, cultivate and secure new relationships with high-level corporate partners with the goal of securing funding to support our national programs and strategic growth goals.
Reporting to the Vice President for Philanthropy, the Director of Corporate Partnerships is responsible for generating new business revenue with local, regional and national companies through sponsorship packages for the Foundation’s Soccer for Success, Safe Places to Play and Passback programs. This individual is also responsible for the overall management of several existing corporate partnerships, including the development of new revenue opportunities, creating value added opportunities and mutually beneficial market activation opportunities. The Director of Corporate Partnerships is a major contributor to the Foundation’s national fundraising and national strategic partnership development. This individual will build strong cross department collaboration to ensure effective stewardship of funders and partners.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Key manager and owner for all phases of business development cycle that includes sales calls and meetings, the designing of presentations and creation of proposals, letters of agreement, budgets and contract negotiations
- Research, prospect and establish leads for corporate relationships followed by an introductory needs analysis/discovery meeting utilizing a consultative sales approach
- Prepare and present proposals to corporate decision makers
- Generate new annual business revenue of at least $1.5MM with special attention to net revenues
- Work closely with Programs team and Strategy team on corporate partner related programs, including design, proposal writing and cost proposal development
- Work closely with corporate partnership coordinator to ensure contractual fulfillment
- Manage expense budgets related to implementation and execution of corporate agreements
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly sales reports showing pipeline development and revenue projections
- Develop and implement new and creative strategies to identify, engage, pursue and secure new partners, with a primary focus on national partnerships to support strategic growth plan
- Cultivate a portfolio of 100 prospective corporate partners through research, networking, email campaigns, cold-calls, and by maximizing relationships with current partners
- Prepare top-notch materials and pitches that can be delivered in person or over the phone to develop new relationships.
- Work special events to entertain existing partners and prospects
- Support and advance the goals, mission and culture of the U.S. Soccer Foundation
- Other duties as assigned by VP Philanthropy
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 7+ years of work experience directly related to specified duties and responsibilities
- At least five years’ experience in direct revenue generation, fundraising or sales. Experience in both non-profit and corporate environments a plus
- Demonstrated track record prospecting, securing and managing new partnerships and successfully negotiating agreements that generate annual funding in the seven-figure range
- Self-motivated team player with a proven ability to manage and attain aggressive individual and team sales goals
- Possess superior negotiation skills coupled with a net profit bottom line mentality
- Exceptional and persuasive written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills
- The ability to effectively interface with senior level executives with tact and diplomacy
- Demonstrated ability to be a creative and resourceful problem solver; able to balance tension between partner expectations and organizational capabilities, strategies and results.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Advanced computer skills (Salesforce preferred) and expertise in Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, design and deliver high quality fundraising collateral
- Passion for the vision and mission of the U.S. Soccer Foundation. Strong interest in sports based youth development is a plus
- Commitment to high ethical standards
- The ability to travel frequently on behalf of the U.S. Soccer Foundation
- Willingness and ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as required
Only candidates that meet the minimum qualifications listed about will be considered for this position. Candidates must apply online and provide a resume, cover letter and example of a fundraising plan and pitch deck. email@example.com Please include: Director of Corporate Partnerships in the subject line.